5.14.2010

Creative Nook





Everyone who knows me, knows I rally for the Arts in my house. I love that my kids love to be creative and though we don't do a lot of crafty projects, they always have paper and crayons handy and draw and write nearly every night. I wanted to create a nook where they could sit and create things (the popular thing is pictures for grandma and grandpa) so I took a vintage table and chairs set I found at the thrift store, and paired it with a vintage chalkboard/magnet board, also from a thrift shop. I intend to get magnetic letters and chalk as well. An old fruit box (purchased guess where?) to store all the supplies and we have a cozy little art corner. It fits in just behind the couch and bar stools, and is really the only place it would work. I've been eyeballing the perfect spot for some time now, and i'm sure the kids will enjoy it :) Throwing around ideas for some type of drying area up above on the wall...we'll see what we end up going with...ideas?

5 comments:

Neisha said...

very neat idea!

Neisha said...

i want to rearrange my living room so that the kids can have a cozy corner for reading books/playing

Tim and Melissa said...

We have magnetic strip things from Ikea that we hang papers and the like on. They're about 24" long? They work great!

Lindsay said...

awesome!!! what about a clothesline and clothespins on the wall about the table? that would be kind of vintage-y... :)

Jason, Sarah, Tristan, Wade, and Owen said...

I was going to suggest the clothes line and clothes pins idea too. Also, I've always wanted to just paint some chalkboard paint on the wall and let the kids draw with chalk right on the wall.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
http://www.linkwithin.com/