2.18.2010

Valentines Day Dinner

My mom is awesome...and traded places with us so we could have a quiet, romantic dinner at her place, while they watched the kids and put them to bed at ours.
Chocolate dipped fortune cookies...a sweet touch.

Stoking the fire to keep us warm.
This was how pretty the table looked when we walked in. My mom should really open a bed a breakfast...ahem, mom!
I wore this cute little apron to prepare the meal, which was really only putting the prepared steak into the oven and warming the rolls. We had issues with the apron clashing with my outfit, so we scrapped the pictures of me wearing it and you get this instead.
Steak, rolls, cheesy pototoes....delicious!
You'd think I was a camel the way I slammed the water out of this pretty bottle.
Classic picture-of-our-reflection shot.
We took the Wii along, and after playing awhile, I opted to take a nice quiet bath in my parents ginormous hot tub. The thing makes me feel tiny because the jets blow me all around the tub if I don't hang on. No wonder kids love baths.
Dessert.
Thank you so much mom, for preparing this beautiful night for us!

10 comments:

Neisha said...

wow! sounds like a great night. and a great mom!!

Jeff & Aleigh said...

That is awesome of your mom to do that for you!!! She obviously knows that every parent deserves a night of rest and relaxation!!

Heather T said...

awwww....sweet:0)

Jenny said...

What a wonderful mom you have!
One year for our anniversary John and I took the kids to my sister's house and then we spent the night at my parents (they were away for the weekend). My mom, too, had things all prepared for us: sheets turned down, chocolates on the pillows...Aren't moms great?

Burchibunch said...

Awesome sums that up! Arent awesome Moms great!

Matt, Ashley & Alexus said...

That's so awesome. Go MOMS! Does she want 2 more...LOL! :)

Mariah said...

Awwww! How sweet! :)

Diane T. said...

What a wonderful gift!! She obviously had been there,done that and remembers how one needs the break from the kids. Glad you had a good time.

Brian, Erin, Connor & Ty said...

Can't beat that!!! Looked so fun!

Brian, Erin, Connor & Ty said...

PS. Liked all your cookie pictures & the cookie cutter ones w/ Archer... is he doing better???

Related Posts with Thumbnails
http://www.linkwithin.com/