12.04.2009

Elliot came home last week and mentioned that his friends brother had passed away. He didn't know how or when, but just that the guidance counselor said he passed on and it made him sad. Then at Bible study, he burst into tears and cried in the other room for about 15 minutes saying that it made him sad and he missed his friend who had been gone all week. Later, I read a letter he had written to his friend saying how sad he was and that he got tears in his eyes when he heard it. He said he was praying and he (the brother) would always be in his heart. (Elliot's heart) I heard the next day that the boy who died was 18 and mentioned to his dad that he felt like shooting himself. The dad gave him the gun, and he did just that.

How heartbreaking.

**Elliot doesn't know how it happened.

9 comments:

Maggie May said...

I am inarticulate after hearing that. He wanted a gun...Dad gave him one. I can't process that.

Lindsay said...

poor elliot... that's tough. and yes, what on EARTH was this man thinking, giving his kid a gun? if anyone's in a risky emotional state of mind, the very last thing you do is let them have any sort of weapon. that's just disturbing.

Heather T said...

that is very heartbreaking...poor elliot...

lanae said...

what?! the dad gave the boy a gun after he said that?! what was he thinking - that is simply awful. how very, very sad.

Neisha said...

oh how horrible. I can't believe the dad did that. Poor Elliot, what a thing to deal with.

Miss Mir said...

I just wanted to mention this quickly. Devin was in my class at school, and although I didnt know him extremely well, I do know he was very much into hunting. I find it hard to believe that his dad gave him a gun for the purpose of killing himself. He would have had axcess to them either way. Maybe his dad needs the benefit of the doubt even if he was guilty.

Amber said...

Mariah: Thanks for mentioning that...I didn't read the newspaper article, but that would made the story less tragic. I wasn't trying to be insensitive at all...I think coming from a parents perspective you hear something like that and you just can't believe a dad would do that and think he must be monster, but he needs the benefit of the doubt in this case and I'm sorry I didn't give it to him from the beginning. I really really hope for his peace of mind that the story I heard was wrong.

I am sorry if I offended you as well.

Jeff & Aleigh said...

That is awful and I'm sorry Elliot is having a hard time with it!! :(

Miss Mir said...

i wasnt offended by what you wrote at all, i just wanted to point that out for a different perspective for all of us. sorry, i didnt mean to sound rude :/

Related Posts with Thumbnails
http://www.linkwithin.com/