7.01.2009


Last night I had planned on going to the gym all day to work out once Jason got home....he was less than impressed with the idea and so we decided to go for a bike ride as a family instead. When we got back, we grilled supper and did sparklers with the kids. It was perfect.


I love everything about this picture. Dirty face/mohawk/lock up your daughters tee/fire...only thing missing is a tat :D

Brookelyn wasn't all that impressed with the sparklers...this is the only picture I have of her where she looks a little happy about having a sparkler in her hand.

Elliot, on the other hand, was major psyched.

He was convinced if he stuck it in the ground it would shoot out of the ground like a rocket.

I've got a major crush, no lie. Awesome.

This is the Ergo carrier I bought after seeing several people with them and finally stopping 2 people who swore by them. We have a camping trip planned and I was planning on buying one of those frame packs but decided this would be more comfortable and much less bulky. We love it....so far we've used it while weeding the garden, mowing our lawn, riding bike, cleaning our house, and swinging on the swing. Trae can use it as well, but we haven't yet.
On a side note...I am wondering if anyone who's ever seen a guy with a baby pack on agrees with this stereotype: Always wearing shorts with really white legs and a beard. Oh and old, possibly gay. I didn't think so either. I think guys wearing babies are sexy :D Moving on...

So this is us after the bike ride...just as we left the school (we let the kids play for 45 minutes or so) it started to rain a little adn thundered once. I could totally do without the bosom squeeze going on here...but it's better than carrying him everywhere. We do have a little bike trailer thing that he was supposed to ride in, but little miss decided she didn't want to ride her bike without training wheels that far, so she rode in there with Trae and Archer went in the Ergo.
P.S. You all remember the kid who always has to show you up no matter what? Well, that's my husband. You see, when I was little, we lived next door to a park so I had easy access to monkey bars ad was always on them. (I had an 8 pack way back when, and calloused hands) You all must remember sitting on top of the old metal monkey bars at school and wrapping your legs around 2 bars and hooking your feet and then dropping down to hang like a monkey? Well, I managed to get this old body up there and do a few sit ups that way...and the kids were super impressed. Not 5 minutes later, Jason is whirring himself around the pull up bar and standing ON TOP of it and then jumping down, and up staging me. Whatever, I can do more sit-ups.
Oh, and then Elliot wanted to give me a ride on the tire swing which I also spent a lot of time on when I was little. The more I tried to slow down, the faster the stupid thing went. I finally got off and wanted to be sick in the weeds...but I staggered around for awhile and then hopped back on my bike and rode home. I think I was nauseous for about 2 hours...

5 comments:

Ben, Heather & kids said...

I can see Jason doing that. Too bad you didn't get a video :)

Mariah said...

Haha... and then the best part was freaking your mom out by dropping one leg... :)

Amber said...

Oh yeah...I remember now!

Sam said...

Love the pic of Trae man, its perfect:) I also love the new blog backround, you look so cute as well riding a bike w a baby on the back:)

Heather T said...

sounds like a fun time!:0) ahhh...the monkey bars...those were the good old days!;0)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
http://www.linkwithin.com/