6.02.2009

I officially hate food coloring.



My very professional cupcake baking set up...


Elliot asked for Sponge Bob themed cupcakes for his birthday treat tomorrow, and always aiming to please I thought to myself, "self, making little chunks of bright yellow cheese with bucked teeth..? piece of cake..." (no pun intended) So, I set about the task with the 2 little guys yet awake, just to further frustrate myself with trying to mix little baggies of frosting and dribbling food coloring all over my hands and trying to do it all with a baby on my hip and a toddler begging for more "upcake!"


Little square hunk of cheese #1...and then I thought he'd be embarrassed, because I am...


Little yellow hunk of square cheese #2...mercy, I'm even more impressed with myself here. It's like his gums are bleeding.


Don't judge me...I decided on this because 1st graders find bulgy eyes hilarious, I bet.



..and yes, I did realize along the way that he's a sponge. I'm officially a crabby patty, because this endeavor was no cake walk...and my hands are stained all different fun colors and I can't even sample them. Wheat free, remember...? I'd be willing to bet Elliot and Brookelyn will gladly eat the ones I hit with the ugly stick for breakfast...


In other news, all the kids are officially asleep...I'm free to make the bug eyed little freaks in peace. Thank goodness he asked for something easy, like "a drag racing type car" for his party on Sunday. Oh, and I think his teachers going to hate me for feeding her class 27 pounds of sugar.

11 comments:

Heather T said...

hilarious!:0) i'm sure u were laughing the whole time...cough, cough...i mean, what a fun experience, right?;0)

Ben, Kara, Taylor and Hailey said...

hey, better than i probably would have done. i don't have the patience, so i always ask my mom to do the cake/cupcakes!

Lindsay said...

brave woman- if spongebob was a request here, i'd be hitting up the bakery. love the bulging eye thing (*giggling uncontrollably because you're right, first-graders find it hilarious)!

Neisha said...

Justin does the cake decorating here. He does a real good job too

Sam said...

Great Job Betty Crocker! I cant bake, wish I could!

Mindy said...

you are too funny! you are also a great mom. i'd have said no for 2 reasons. #1 I HATE SPONGEBOB. #2 i am way too impatient to try doing this myself - even without a baby on hip!

Mindy said...

one other thing, is your hubby on an out of town job?

Amber said...

Yes, Jason is out of town for the remainder of the week...up north somewhere :) He was in Perry's meeting last night if that tells you where.

Ben, Heather & kids said...

I'm sure the kids LOVED them, and the teacher enjoyed them even more :)

The things you do for your kids..it all goes back to our kids loving us, for who we are.. not the great cupcake decorators we try to be :)

Elissa & Logan said...

HAHA! So cute! At least the kids probably didnt spend much time looking at them, but eating them! :) you're pretty brave, I would have said...how about micky mouse? haha

Jason, Sarah, Tristan, and Wade said...

Hahaha! I love them!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
http://www.linkwithin.com/