3.06.2009

I Hate luv's. GRRRR...


I bought Luv's when we were in GA, because they were, well, cheaper. I got the big box because I'm a sucker for a bargain, so we are just finishing up the box for both boys. I debated because in the past when I've tried them, the kids always got a rash...but Marsha hasn't had a problem, so I decided to try them again. Well, they've both had rashes since. Nothing really bad, just chafed a little. I think it's the perfume....
I think I can count on 2 hands the number of times they DIDN'T leak when Archer had a messy diaper, and most mornings the boys are wet because the diapers aren't very absorbent. Am I in the minority here of Mom's who don't wake their sleeping children to change their diaper? I went out and bought 2 big boxes of Huggies last night...we are down to 6 Luv's for Trae and 13 for Archer and then it's back to what we know.
I also thought I'd share the conclusion I've come to that this extended winter is making us all snarky, myself included. I have had so many borderline rude things said and done lately and I've managed to keep it off my blog because who really wants to listen to whining and complaining. So, instead of taking it personal, from here on out I'll respond by saying "you're not a rude person, it's just the weather..." and then instead of letting it poison my day I'm just going to let it go.
Last night we got out for a walk and it definitely put a jog in my step. I'm so happy to have Jason home...I finally had something to warm my butt up on in bed. (incidentally, I asked him what he thought I missed the most about him being gone and he said "someone to put your cold feet on) In all seriousness, I missed him making me laugh and someone to talk to and seeing him with the kids, because these kids, really love their Dad. Trae asked about daddy everyday and when I told him daddy was at work, he's drop his head and squint his eyes and say "Noooo, mom..." Anyway, back to business as usual today. I get to watch Anya tonight, so I'll snap a few pictures, and then off to play a game that I have no clue how to play...but Nikki and Tony are watching the rugrats and I could use the break.
Have a beautiful day, everyone!

5 comments:

Neisha said...

I'm assuming that's not the rash ;p
I never woke my kids to change their diapers, that's just plain crazy.
I usually bought the cheapest diapers, Walmart brand and they worked for me. I just couldn't see spending double the $$ for diapers. But as for name brand I liked Huggies.

Lindsay said...

i don't like luvs either!! we tried them once and they leaked SO bad... like, not so much out the legs or back, right through the middle- i'd have gotten the same results if i'd used paper towel for a diaper. have fun tonight!! (ps- i don't really get settlers either...)

Heather said...

Yeah, I've never tried Luv's and don't plan on it...we use Pamper's for both kids...except for at night Logan gets Huggies Overnites. Have fun tonight! Wish we could come, too!;0)

Angie said...

Wake up Chloe to change her diaper? Never!!
We use Pampers here, Huggies are a fairly close second. "Cheap" diapers aren't THAT much cheaper anyway and I'd just rather not change bedding every single day! Have a fun night away :)

Ben, Heather & kids said...

I never changed their diapers during the night..my SIL swears by LUV's.. I like the 'walmart' brand. Their cheap, and I've had good luck with them. LUV's seem 'cheap' to me, leaking before the diaper is really 'wet'.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
http://www.linkwithin.com/