3.11.2009

All Homey and Motherly, like Betty Crocker

So, I went out and bought this cute apron. I figure I may as well accessorize my sweatpants. Two of my friends (well a sister and a cousin) really couldn't understand it....but how domesticated do I look as I bake my sister a birthday cake?
...and bake my husband bread for his lunch. I'm the new "bread machine" if you know what I mean.

and this is just really super cute, and no he was not helping with the bread or the cake!
I just have to document that I did indeed use my blender..here is an excerpt from my last cake baking foray:

We had Brookelyn's birthday dinner at Mom and Dad's last night. I made the cake all by myself!! Everyone complimented me on it, and Elliot was on to his second piece before everyone was served. It was a princess cake. It was gaudy. It was pretty. She loved it. My mom made a comment about chewing something that seemed like an egg that wasn't completely mixed in. I was sitting next to Misty, who shortly after that, held something up, and asked "what IS this?...I think I have, like an entire egg yolk!" I laughed so hard, I very well could have dropped the baby at the dinner table. It was flat out snorting. For about 5 minutes. My Dad was really disgusted, and asked how I managed to cook a whole egg yolk into the cake, and my Mom told my secret...."She doesn't use a blender, just stirs everything in..." "Well, we need to get her one, does she have one?" "Dad, I already have one, and I was tired okay." Another round of snorting and my Dad "that's gross. I'm not eating cake that you make anymore unless you use a blender." (me gasping for air and writhing) It was hilarious, still is except I'm waking my family so I have to stop laughing so loud.

But that was the old me...the new me wears fancy aprons and uses fancy appliances when she bakes. So too bad, Dad, that your gallivanting all over Belize and Mexico and New Orleans, because this is one mean cake.

p.s. Just so you don't get the wrong impression, the reason I'm wearing clothes as opposed to sweats under my apron, is because I actually was forced to get dressed today...I had company come.

Tomorrow I am hosting my first play date ever...the kids (brookelyn) are so super stoked, and Elliot is bummed that he has to go to stupid school.



9 comments:

Heather said...

Haha...which cousin is that??? ;0) Looking forward to tomorrow....see you then!;0)

namaste said...

You look adorable. I've just started buying/wearing aprons and I swear I'm more domestic and lovely when I have one on! lol. One night I was grumpy (and I mean GRUMPY) and the husband and kid were staring at me like I lost my mind so I went and got my apron on then came back in all suzie homemaker-like and we all started laughing... so now they "suggest" it often!

Ben, Kara, Taylor and Hailey said...

Wish we could come, have fun. That top picture is classic!

Jenny said...

Oh dear. I think we share a "cool apron" fetish. Where did you get that? Please please share! I've been wanting to make one but haven't really looked for a pattern...

Maggie May said...

i love that Target apron! You look adorable.

and look at that cutie patootie baby face! awww

Stacy said...

You're too funny! How do you do it? 4 kids plus baking bread & a cake? All while dressed so nicely & a cute apron besides!

Neisha said...

love the Betty Crocker look!!

love Trae's pose!!

great stuff!!

Ben, Heather & kids said...

Love it!

ethel said...

love the look! so cute. i think you're going to start a trend..i can just feel it! stores better start stocking alot more...or maybe..hmmm maybe i could even sew one??

Related Posts with Thumbnails
http://www.linkwithin.com/