2.20.2009

here kitty kitty kitty...




This is what happens when you mess with her brother.

The kids were playing downstairs. Trae came up sobbing and saying kitty. Brookelyn brought us this cat that I bought a few years ago for a Halloween party. He shrieked and screamed and sobbed. I made her take it back down, but now Trae always wants me to go downstairs with him. Yesterday, (and almost every day since he discovered the mangled cat) Brookelyn came charging at him with the cat. He was in a very whiny clingy mood to begin with, and I had stuff to do besides have him in my lap all day. I was getting frustrated with trying to unpack, tidy up the house, and try to keep both of my little guys happy, I didn't need her to provoke more tears from him. As it was he cried every time I had to pick Archer up, or go to the bathroom, or basically anything that didn't involve rocking him. I told Brookelyn to throw the cat out in the garbage because Trae was freaking right out knowing it was in the basement, which in turn upset Archer....and you know what happens when I have to pick Archer up.
When Jason came home from work, he commented that I had really done a number on the cat. I told him I was tired of the kids taunting Trae with the dumb thing, so I made then throw it out.
When we went to leave later in the evening, I saw what he meant.
This morning I asked Brookelyn what she beat the cat with....she smiled sweetly and said "a hammer..." I guess I always thought it would be the boys watching out for her.
Today started off rocky. Trae was doing his new throwing crap bit, and had roughly 3 time-outs in his crib by 8 am. That must have gotten it out if his system because he is happily writing on his pickle with a pencil and then putting back in the jar.

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

hooo boy- throwing things, eh? we have a bit of that here too. it's usually followed by ear-piercing shrieks because whatever was whipped around gets taken away for awhile. hope the day goes better now that it's (hopefully) out of trae's system! and the cat thing is funny- sorry, but it makes me laugh... that girl can really hold her own, can't she? :)

Maggie May said...

oh dear!!!

Ben, Heather & kids said...

Don't mess with that girl!

namaste said...

so great.... she is so gonna kick arse!

Neisha said...

it'll be the sister watching out for her 3 brothers.

Trae sure is entertaining with what he does...writing on a pickle with a pencil :)

ethel said...

hey..did you do that doula certification thing then..i was just going through my comments from a LONG time ago...congrats on your current pg!!

Brian, Erin, Connor & Ty said...

Haven't been blogging much lately (we've had a few INTERESTING bugs around here lately : P ) so I'm really late on this... but I like your graffiti pictures. My favorite is the one of you & Archer, but the ones of the kids are really cool too. Also... wondering how the 17 hour trip went. We're planning a 14 hour one and aren't sure how it'll go. Did you stop 1/2 way or drive in the night? Just curious...

Brian, Erin, Connor & Ty said...

Haven't been blogging much lately (we've had a few INTERESTING bugs around here lately : P ) so I'm really late on this... but I like your graffiti pictures. My favorite is the one of you & Archer, but the ones of the kids are really cool too. Also... wondering how the 17 hour trip went. We're planning a 14 hour one and aren't sure how it'll go. Did you stop 1/2 way or drive in the night? Just curious...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
http://www.linkwithin.com/