1.14.2009

Random


Trae fell downstairs and bumped his head on the trim, which is the main reason why I don't let them play down there. Their father on the other hand...
I have had it up to my eyeballs with Elliot not putting his socks on. The other day, Jason took him snowboarding only to discover once they got on the hill that he didn't have socks.(I was gone, or I'd have double checked that because its an increasing problem) This morning, I set out his clothes for school...pants/shirt/socks. He got all dressed and bundled into his snow pants and coat because it.is.cold. I kissed him goodbye, and asked him not to play in the snow, because it's really cold and he'd just get colder. I found a pair of socks laying on the floor right where I had set his clothes out, so I went to the window to ask him if he had any on. He was sitting in the snowbank! Ugh! I opened the window and told him to get out of the snow and then asked if he was wearing socks.
Elliot: No, you didn't find me any.
Me: Yes, I did. They are in here on the floor, now come to the garage and get them on your feet.
Elliot: Well...but...but...well.
I get so frustrated with this. I put everything in a neat little pile for him and he puts his shirt on and dances around in his underwear, plays a game of cards, does Legos....I redirect him and he'll do his pants, eat something, read his book, horse around. I am so tired of re-directing him 30 times just to get him dressed, not to mention brushing teeth, getting snow pants/coat/hat/gloves/boots on, getting his backpack together. I guess you get the drift. I am so frustrated with it, and it makes me angry that when he doesn't listen, he always blames someone else. Mom didn't find socks, Brookelyn made him do such and such, Trae's bothering him. I have noticed the last few weeks, Elliot's been wanting to stay home from school more and more, so I'm trying to find out without coming right out and asking if something is going on at school. Last time we had issues with the kid teasing him on the bus Elliot blamed everything on that, so I don't want him to get the idea that it's okay to blame someone else when you misbehave, but if he's being bullied, of course I'd want to put an end to that too. It's so hard to know what to do and how to go about it, and the next time he kicks his sister, I don't want to hear "Well that's because Braiden broke my snowman at recess." I keep reminding him that he has to own up to things that he made the choice about and I'm at a dead end with it. I cannot get the point across, so if you have suggestions please share.
I had to take Archer in to the chiro yesterday. We are down to monthly appointments, and we are not using the Zantac hardly at all. Elliot hurt his neck snowboarding the other day, so I took him in as well. I didn't have back/neck problems until I started to snowboard, so I'm leery to let my kids go, but my husband gets frustrated with my over protectiveness, and then I get frustrated when he comes home and tells me he hurt his neck and had no socks on at the hill. He complained for 2 1/2 days about it hurting, but the chiro said his neck was kinked off to one side and he adjusted well, so we'll see if we have anymore issues.
We have plans to go visit Nate, Marsha, & the girls in GA in a few weeks. We are planning to drive through the night so hopefully the kids will sleep as much as possible. Archer is getting better in the car, but after about 1/2 an hour or so gets restless. If you have suggestions on where to go/what to do while we're down there, please share. We have plans to visit Jeremy, of course, and we are going to a beach for sure, but the rest is pretty open. (we will be gone 10 days) My biggest dilemma is packing for 6 people, and then getting it all to fit in the van.
Maybe I can bring my class materials and get some assignments done for my online class. It is much harder than I thought to do a course when you have 4 kids constantly needed something. Archer has been sleeping poorly the last few nights...his nose is stuffy and he wants to nurse all.night.long.

I am getting frustrated with myself because I'm not making time to exercises, and I really feel better when I do. I have continued to lose weight, as I have a hard time finding time to eat before 2 pm, (don't worry, my kids eat) but I just have a really hard time getting a workout in. I'd love to find a used elliptical machine for at home here so I wouldn't have to go to my Mom's to use one. My stomach has been acting up, and I've narrowed it down to an ulcer or, well, and ulcer. I have been stressing the little things lately, (and some big things) and it keeps me up at night nauseous and with stomach pains. I need to look in to something to fix this, as I am not doing so hot on very little sleep and feeling sick all the time. Besides that, I worry it's something serious.

Oh, and one last little tidbit of info...I fell down the stars at my parents house on Friday and bruised my knee big time, and my forearm somehow. I am dealing with wanting to throw up every time I look at the bruises (bruises really get my gag reflex) and I'm constantly bumping into things with them. It's so gross. Anyway...

I suppose I'll end this disjointed post and get to cleaning my bedroom, as it really needs it.

8 comments:

Sam said...

You have no idea how much Cameron and Elliot are alike, it gives me some relief that I dont have the only child in the world that does this!!!!!! EVERY morning its the same thing, and he is ALWAYS the last one ready when he gets picked up because he just pokes around and pokes around! If I do not stand right behind him, telling him to get a move on it he would never be ready on time, ever. But thats my fault.....lol

Heather said...

Ick...none of that sounds like much fun. I hope you get feeling better...maybe you should see a doc if you can in the near future. Glad you will be able to take a trip to GA...that sounds like fun! Which way will you be heading down? Depending on where you're going, you should be able to drive through or at least "near" the mountains....they're beautiful down there!! If you go via Knoxville TN way...that is gorgeous!! Of course, it's MUCH prettier when everything is green, but it should still be pretty amazing.;0) Never been to GA, tho, so couldn't tell you what to see there....but yes, definitely the beach!;0)

Ben, Heather & kids said...

As far as driving with a baby... here's what I did, the forbidden thing.. took him out of his seat! What else can you do? It doesn't make sense to stop every so often to nurse, or at least to us it didn't.. (I typically sat in the back with him) Sometimes just keeping the baby happy, makes everyone else happy. Plus the kids got more 'entertainment' when I was in the back too. For the other kids.. books on tape/cd, a portable DVD player, colorbooks, notebooks and stickers, snacks (a few things that are live savers on our long trips) I remember the trips the kids did the best, the van was the MESSIEST!!! But I'd rather clean it out all week, than have crabby travelers! Good luck!!!

Delia DeLeest said...

For the trip to Georgia - Benedryl. Rhodey gets wicked car sick, so when we drove to GA, we left around 9PM and gave him a dose. It knocked him right out and he slept almost the whole way with no incidents. On the way to GA, stop at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville. It's got a HUGE indoor botanic garden with bridges, a boat that sails on a river right through the hotel and all kinds of neat stuff. Our kids loved it. And it's free to walk through it if I remember correctly.
Also, you've got to go to Stone Mountain, GA, it's incredible.

Chill about Elliot and his socks. Let him go without, it's not going to kill him and when he has to go inside early because of cold feet or has to stay in for recess for lack of socks, he'll suffer the consequences of his own actions, which is the best way to learn. Cold feet aren't going to kill him or even make him sick, just make him uncomfortable. If he knows it trips your trigger, he's going to keep doing it - kids are perverse that way.

Darrin and Britta said...

Hi Amber!

Where are you headed in GA? Darrin and I are there right now, in Buford, which is roughly 30mins NE of Atlanta. We're having pizza with Jeremy and Scott tomorrow - kind of neat that you'll be out here seeing him too! Anyway, depending on where you're going, I have a few suggestions for things to do - it's a gorgeous state to visit!!

Lindsay said...

hey- i've done the "forbidden" thing too... you do what you gotta do! just watch out for truckers, since they can radio ahead to cops on their cb's, but as long as you kinda hide (not too hard in a van), you should be fine. and hey- i have some scrap material that i can make a sample sling out of- don't worry about cost, since you're volunteering to test it out... thanks for the comments too! still hanging, so i'm not planning on going too far from home until things start happening.

Neisha said...

threaten him with tights.

shaunandhelen said...

I really don't recommend taking your baby out of his carseat- Shaun's cousin just did this- rolled their car and the baby was thrown from the car is very bad off--haven't heard an update lately but not EVER worth it to put your baby at risk like that. You'd feel to guilty if something happened. I'm a big fan of a portable DVD player and baby ensteins/little enstein videos to pass the time. The aquarium in Atlanta is suppose to be really cool. Think Jeremy went there with Brian and Erin so he'd know more about it.
Nolan hates wearing underwear-- and both my kids have socks off all the time in the house..they'll wear them out but never inside.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
http://www.linkwithin.com/