1.23.2009


I woke up this morning having no inclination of what day it even was, and I have a sore throat, so I can't talk very loud today. What you are about to read is a whole lot of jibberish and if you stick around, I thank you immensely.
Above, we have a picture of my Chooka boots FedEx dropped on my step yesterday, along with my at home waxing kit. I love saying chookaboots, and plan on annoying my husband by over using the phrase every time I wear them...and I plan on that being a lot once the miserable snow melts and I can go outside and play again. I have an obsession, although small, with boots (thankfully my husband likes me best in boots) but I have a few other new accessories that I plan to add to my repertoire. The list includes, but is not limited to:
  • aprons (I figure if I look cute while cooking/cleaning maybe I'd find the joy in it...?!?)
  • camera strap covers for my camera
  • scarves
  • hats (I do love hats, and I think I look cutest in them so I'm adding to the collection)
  • panty hose (the thigh high kind...now that I know they stay up, I'm game. I hate the constriction of the high waisted ones)

Before I forget to add this, Trae says "sure" now.

"Trae can you open the garbage for mommy?"

"Sure!"

"Trae, can you wipe up the milk you spilled?" (I like them to attempt to clean it up before I do a really good job...)

"Sure..."

He also asked for his red nuk this morning.

So theres this awesome writer/photographer who's doing this really cool thing on his blog that some of you photographer types might be interested in. His name is Panic and this is his blog.

One last note regarding at home waxing, and then I'm off. I waxed my sisters eyebrows for her yesterday and did a superb job, if I do say so myself. I got the kit for what I can pay for 2 1/2 waxes in the salon and I have this weird thing where I like to wax eyebrows. I also did my own eyebrows and my lip and it hurt but I made it. I want to caution at home waxers that if you decide to venture into other territory, it may or may not be one of the dumbest decisions you make in your life, and you may or may not end up with patchy areas that may or may not bleed. That being said, free waxing for anyone who brings me chocolate.

I wish you the best of days. Ciao.

p.s. I have chosen the final name for my blog and am working on a header. My intent was to make you laugh so I hope it works. I'll be making the change soon, so stay tuned. lylas bff


5 comments:

Ben, Heather & kids said...

cute boots! Where we live, mud is the season after winter that last until summer!

Sera said...

It's been so long since I've seen "lylas" ! Ahh, memories! So, your comment on my blog about getting an apron so that you actually might want to cook/clean? I think there's something to it. I'm wearing mine now, as I prepare to set off on my day of kid-free cleaning (mixed in with some fun, of course). I gotta tell ya! I feel so domestic! It's gotta be a FUN apron, though. Just keep that in mind. Can't wait to see the new look of your blog - isn't it fun?

Jeff & Aleigh said...

I recently bought myself an apron too so that maybe it will inspire me to cook also!! I will let you know if it works! Also - I am looking for a cloth camera strap too but I'm thinking I might just make one myself with the fabric I want! Probably cheaper in the long run!

Shelley said...

I love my apron. Not only does it keep my clothes cleaner, it gives me a "feeling" that keeps me on task.
Of course my cooking usually consists of larger groups. But I do enjoy cooking in the friends' homes too. Janet is cooking tonight. I cooked quite a bit last week. It was fun! But then it isn't my daily "chore." My apron is a yellow and blue plaid Dansk apron. I do really enjoy it. Hope you find one you enjoy.

Neisha said...

love the boots. I'm a boots person in the winter. but still looking for my red cowboy boots.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
http://www.linkwithin.com/