1.22.2009

I finally decided to choose a prompt...

Mama Kat does writers workshop on Wednesdays. She provides the prompts, you provide your story. This is my first attempt.


The Prompts:1.) Tell us about a memorable blind date.2.) Other than the birth of a child or your wedding, write about a joyous moment. 3.) Write about one of the most difficult decisions you have made in your life.
4.) Share the best picture you took last month and explain why it's your favorite


I take a lot of pictures in a month, but as I was going through them all to choose 1 for this writing, I barely recognized my chubby baby boy. You see, he turned 2 on the 11th, and it seems like he's changing so much so fast. Now, I do realize there really isn't a "magic button" that turns them into bustling talking sassing cute as a button toddlers, but it does seem that way. My little baby has started talking in sentences all the time. Instead of Nuk...? he says "Mama, nuk go...? Instead of Elliot...? Bammpaa...? He says Elliot bus...? Grandpa work...? I know I posted this already, but yesterday I showed him a picture of our new president on Elliot's weekly reader and just for kicks asked him who it was. Usually he'd say Elliot! Then I'd say "No, who is that...?" and he'd scream 'Bammpaa!!" What the little stinker said yesterday was "Babomma!"

Back when this picture was taken during our 3 day New Years celebration, we (my dad) had this idea to take the kids on a nature hike through the trees and ending atop a big mountain. (which really was the dirt they pushed back to build their house) We started out by taking a picture at the beginning and then we (they, while I photographed) did jumping jacks and stretches and side bends to prepare themselves for the long journey. Elliot led the way with Brookelyn in hot pursuit and Trae in the sled pulled by uncle Tony. I'd put money down that if we were to re-live this journey today, Trae most certainly would not be riding in the sled. No matter that the snow was knee deep on me, he'd be trekking his OWN way across. (and probably wouldn't sink like I did) Now that he can speak for himself, he does. Now that he knows he can make his own path, by golly, he's going to.

And even though this mommy thinks her baby's grown so fast, she's happy because she's loving the little boy he's grown into.

4 comments:

Suzi said...

Soooo cute! Love your photos.

Lacey said...

I love those rosy red cheeks! Too adorable!

Mama Kat said...

Awwww...I just want to squeeze him. I find I have a hard time getting good pictures in the snow. Maybe I'm slow. :) I love it.

Sera said...

Your kiddos are all so cute! This is such a precious picture and post. Watching them grow up is just so bittersweet. I get a little teary when I have to pack away clothes are too small, but when I think back to the newborn days, I'll cherish them, but I love where we're at right now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
http://www.linkwithin.com/