1.29.2009

blather blather...

Yesterday, Trae wanted coffee. Of course, he'd already had his coffee in the morning, so I told him no. I gave him a fresh piece of angel food cake (a bite sized piece) and he threw it to the floor, trying to indicate just how mad he was. I asked him to pick it up and he said "NO!" I told him he needed to pick the cake up, or he was going to his crib for a time-out. He reached back, opened the drawer where we put the kitchen towels, and stuck his fingers in. "Fingers stuck...." Nice try. I said okay, let's go for a time-out, so he quickly scooped the cake up off the floor and came to give me a hug.

Trae also got a hold of me cell yesterday afternoon, and pressed buttons until he finally got through to someone. I was sitting across the room, and from there it sounded like my mom, so I said "Trae, it's grandma..." He immediately asked "grandpa ohm?" I heard him say "Anya ohm...?" so I figured out it was my sister, Misty. This is the conversation from my end.

Trae: "Anya ohm...?"

Trae: "Ercaa, ohm...?"

Trae: "Eyyitt, ohm...?"

Trae: "Casey, ohm...?"

After he gave me the phone back, he was standing up next to the coffee table leaning on it with his arms, his feet crossed saying:

"Anya, ohm...?.....yesss"
"Casey, ohm.....?noooo"
"Erica, ohm...?....noooo"

Repeating the conversation he had with Misty to himself.

Brookelyn spent the night at my mom's house on Tuesday night. She had brought me a sticker earlier and asked me to place it on her nose like a little nose stud. After bible study last night, she explained to me that she had to stay over night at grandma's again because she "forgot her nose ring" and had to go get it. She also had a nasty bruise on her arm with a raised white bump in the center. My mom was showing me, and saying she thought it was a spider bite, but she was touching it and I hate when people touch bruises so I was all grossed out. We moved on to the next subject, and Brookelyn came up and says "mom, look..." and when I do, she's pressing the bruise as hard as she can just to freak me out. Nice little girl I have...

Somehow this morning, as I was wiping massive amounts of baby puke off my shoulder while still holding said puker who had his nuk in his mouth and standing roughly 4 feet from the basement stairs, he managed to spit it out and I watched in horror as it slid across the floor, down the stairs and over the edge behind the piano. Oh, it's one of those days, huh...? I'm not having it, I make my own happiness. Today will be great.

One last thing...theres this awesome giveaway over at Le Musings of Moi, and I want 3 bonus entries for posting about it because the prizes are that good. Mosy over and check it out for yourself.....oh, and the readings good too, she went up on my sidebar after reading 3 posts!

5 comments:

Neisha said...

sounds like Trae is a really smart kid!

Ben, Heather & kids said...

Cute Trae! Our kids have 'play cellphones', but its soo much more fun to use Mommy or Daddy's. We've had a few calls placed on our too :0

Maki said...

This is my first time here, oh my goodness, you have such a wonderful family - your children are adorable!!!!!!!!!!

I'll definitely be back :D

The Panic Room said...

I'm a bruise toucher. If you show me a bruise. I am sticking my finger right in the middle of it and pushing on it. I have no idea to this day why I am like this.

Summer said...

You are so cute!

So, my winner is MIA. If I don't hear from her tomorrow, I'm posting a new video with a new winner!

;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
http://www.linkwithin.com/