1.05.2009


7:25 ............Elliot heads out to wait for the bus. (that usually shows up between 7:30-7:50)

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

7:45.....Momma bear calls the school to find out where the bus is. Secretary informs me that the bus is running late, but I need to call the bus garage for more info. I scribble down the number and call..................................37 rings and I hang up. Call immediately back and ask when I can expect the bus, as my sons been out waiting in -8 degree weather for 30 minutes now. He has to dispatch the driver and says "you been out to ____ road yet?
When he comes back he says he's been out there already....


No he hasn't I say, unless it was before 7:25 because he's been out there since then. The bus is usually here between 7:30-7:50 and he has not been out here, unless he was really early....(which if he's running SO late, I seriously doubt.) I stifle the urge to ask him if my kid is the only one on this road and maybe they just skip him altogether when they're running late...could that be the deal hmmm? And then lie about already being there so us annoying parents will just shut up and drive our kids to school while they continue collecting their paycheck for the job they're not doing, or not doing well, or only doing 1/2 way?


So the nice man asks the driver to come back and pick him up, like they're being so kind. I pay my taxes. My son goes out on time. And waits. And waits. Ands waits some more. For 55 minutes.



At eight-twenty I call the bus garage again. I ask when my sons bus will be here.


"uh, name again....?"


Elliot.


" Uh, Jer, when you goin round to pick up Elliot Baseman....? Elliot Baseman....yeah. N76485 ____Rd. (it n6485)


"He'll be bout 10 minutes yet."


"Great. My son will be in the house and he better stop and wait for him to get out there. He's been standing in the cold for an hour(well 55 minutes actually, I exaggerated for effect.....or rounded up and it probably felt like 2 hours anyway) in -8 degree weather. If he doesn't stop, he'll be staying home today, because I'm not bringing him in. I have a newborn and a 2 year old and a 5 year old and I'm not bringing them out in the cold."


"Okay, thanks."


"YEP, bye."


Oh, and Jer? Lets be truthful here. You weren't actually "already by here" were you. Were you even planning on picking up Elliot, because I dare to say not. This makes me angrier than I can even get across to you because I really dislike liars. Fyi...I'm the wrong sista to mess wit'


this is ridiculous....i'll be calling in a compliant on this one.


8:31 the bus pulls up and lays on the horn. Which really gets my gander because we've been waiting an hour and ten. no, wait....an hour eleven.

*

*

*

*

*

*

8:51....another bus pulls up and beeps. #4007. Waits 4 1/2 seconds and pulls off. I think this was actually Jer, who probably doesn't even pick up my kid and lied because he has no clue where ___ road is. Pat, our other gnarly driver pulled up really late, not even realizing that she's on my last nerve and Jer will continue being confused throughout today, and maybe into next week. (incidentally, I also tried telling him that Pat Fisher(man) as Elliot calls her was our driver, and assumed that Jer was a sub, since he blew off what I was saying)


Anyone know if the issue IQ tests to the people driving our kids around on icy highways? Please tell me they at least check to make sure they have brains....



Anyhow, I'll be calling to figure out what went down, because even though I admit I was confused at first, now that I figured it all out, I want to make sure it doesn't happen again, say, tomorrow.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I don't think you're required to have an IQ to drive bus in the state of WI anymore...they gave up trying to find willing people WITH an IQ to drive a busload of kids around so they had to settle for less...hope it all gets straightened out for you and SOON! How aggravating! Poor Elliot...that would NOT have been fun!

Mindy said...

what's the deal? i don't understand what's so hard to figure out. weren't all the kids on that bus like really late to school?

Amber said...

our driver is a complete moron and has a 20 minute time frame....if she's late she doesn't slow down and wait, she goes right by. The kids were over an hour late for school.

Michelle said...

Wow. That's awful; it's definitely not weather for waiting outside in ... You should write a letter to the school & bus company and include that red-cheeked picture. Some people just have no common sense. Or decency. Or ability to just do their jobs!

/end rant

(Sorry - I'm just really annoyed they don't think they need to clear or even salt the ice at my kids schools.)

Mindy said...

sounds like they better find another driver. i would for sure keep making noise about this & future incidents!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
http://www.linkwithin.com/