12.10.2008

Funny Stuff.

I pulled Archer in bed with me last night to nurse him....mind you I was exhausted....and he kept rooting around but not latching on. I kept dozing off, only to be woken again when he fussed and threw his head back and forth. Finally, I woke up enough and asked him sweetly "What's the deal here? Mommy's tired, let's just eat..." and then realized I had been putting my nipple in his ear, and he was rooting around to find it because he was trying to be a good baby and eat! I chuckled out loud, got him latched on, and promply crashed out again. ;0)

4 comments:

Neisha said...

you must have been really tired!

Heather said...

I guess babies aren't very good at eating thru their ears!;0) I know the feeling...hard to focus when you're so exhausted you can't even see straight!:0)

Sam said...

Oh I remember those nights...although I am still getting up 1-2 times a night with him...I was a bad mommy last night though and let him cry it out from 3:30am-5:00am, because I had just given him a bottle at 11pm, and knew he didnt need to eat 4 1/2 hrs. later, it worked and then he had a bottle at 6am, and then slept until 9:15am which he has never done before but I guess being up for 1 1/2 hrs crying is what did that...I feel bad but hes 10 1/2 months old and seriously doesnt need to have a bottle every 4 hrs through the night...ugh, so yeah I am tired today.

Jenny said...

Brings back many memories...I'm also remembering waking up in a puddle of milk because the baby didn't wake up to eat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
http://www.linkwithin.com/