12.31.2008

2008 highlights

Well 2008 has certainly been the year of our lives. It just keeps getting better and better, and we are fortunate that tragedy hasn't touched our life this year, and pray for peace and protection through this next year. Of course, I write that with much fear because when bad things happen, it right after something like that is said. Maybe I just worry altogether to much and need to put my trust in the one that holds my (and that of my family's) future and know that he won't give me more than I can handle.

I thought I'd take a walk down memory lane and revisit 2008.

Last New Years, we were anticipating our baby turning one and hadn't even made plans of when we'd add to our family again. On January 23, my post says Ho-Hum. Later on that night, I found out I was expecting another baby! I announced to my blog readers on January 25th that we were having a baby...you can read my thoughts and feelings here. It's amazing how each child is welcomed with so much love. It's insane, really, the love we have for our kids. Each new baby that comes along you love just as much as the others. I thought I wanted a baby girl. My brain makes sense of evens, so 2 boys and 2 girls seemed the most logical, not to mention that s/he was due just 3 days earlier that Brookelyn was 5 years earlier. On January 9, I came out and revealed what I thought I was having.....did I think boy?.....or did I think girl?



I'll briefly mention that I didn't get far in my New Years resolution....


My pearl of wisdom.....


We found out about some special little girls that would be entering our lives...pictures of the little darlings here and here, oh, and here. Did I mention pictures? Go here!

Elliot's had an on again off again relationship with Megan all year...currently it's on the outs...



I still haven't lived this one down....nearly every time we go out someone asks about his scar. I have to explain again and again. (I also wish people would stop telling this story wrong and saying I left the oven open for a second and he got to it, that's not what happened) Regardless, I feel ashamed every time I have to explain it to someone and I can just tell they think I suck.

We had known since December that we were going to aunt and uncle, we just didn't know yet if we'd have a niece or a nephew. We found out about the twins and in March we found out we'd be blessed with another niece!

I quit the job I loathed big time to pursue a career in something I love.

"I feel like a ton of bricks has been lifted off of my shoulders. I didn't realize how much tension my job actually caused. I feel much better knowing I have 6 shifts, and then i'm all done. How liberating. I called my boss, Tom, and asked how he was doing... "I'm good. I got a really good job doing photography and that's what I love, so i'll be done when my scheduled shifts are over"....short and sweet and awkward, but maybe I can sleep tonight. It's a dreary day today and i'm craving chicken nuggets and fries from McDonalds. I have been having really intense cravings lately. Saturday night I woke up about 2a.m. and was craving Waffle Crisp. I had to talk myself out of it. I figure i've made it through 3 pregnancies w/out nighttime feeding, so why start now?? Here's to a good day, and some chicken nuggets and fries. I feel like crying i'm so relieved. Now I am crying." ~March 31,2008

Even though wedding season is really April-October and the rest of the year gets sooo tight, I'd much rather have a job I love.


I share me here and here and here and here ahem, and here

We found out wonderful news about our baby here! He's cute! *


Brookelyn's turn to shine(er).

My firstborn turned 6
I turned 25

Took a family vacation to Montana


My baby sister got married.

We celebrated Jason's 6th father's day. I love this picture...



Celebrated 7 years of wedded bliss...


Very proud Mommy....

Romance...what's romance?


Annoying people....&*$%# Here

My gorgeous niece was born...and I remembered what I had coming in a few weeks.


Gracious I love my children.

My boy started 1st grade


Waiting and waiting and waiting for baby......and wait some more.



Then, on the same day my little girl turned 5, he finally came.

He was gorgeous and perfect and healthy in every way. Archer Cole, you complete us.

I heart our family!

A few things I'm doing for me...* and *

Tips for 2009!



2008 was a great year, I can't wait to see what 2009 holds.

Kisses at midnight for you all! Smooch!

2 comments:

DSBRansom said...

Great post Amber! It must have taken forever though! LOL

Jeff & Aleigh said...

What a fun post!!! It was great to read and reminisce.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
http://www.linkwithin.com/