11.10.2008

Bullet Proof

  • We went last night after gospel meting to get "chore charts" for the kids. Responsibility charts, really. Our first stop was Barnes & Noble. They had 1 wooden/magnetic chart for $19.99 and I figured the magnets would be lost in no time, and we needed 2. I did buy a "Family Calendar" so we can have a game plan and everyone (Jason and I, that is) will know what's up and when. I decided I never want to hear "chore chart" again. Because, well, this is why: "Chore charts! yeah, I wanna do chores. I can do the outside work, and Brookewyn can do the dishes. Boys do outside jobs, girls do inside jobs.(we had a conversation about how there are women who build houses and men who clean houses, Daddy of course sat and laughed, but kept his mouth shut) Do they have chore charts? How come we aren't getting CHORE CHARTS!!!? Chore charts, chore charts!! We're gettin' chore charts! Do you think this store will have chore charts? Brookewyn, how come you don't want chore charts? Oh, I like chore charts, they're cool! Oh, yeah, this is a cool chore chart! Hi, (to the check out lady) we're gettin' chore charts and we're gonna do chores! We finally found some at Office Max. Chores. Charts. Chore charts, chore charts, chore charts, yea for chore charts!!
  • By the way, Brookelyn was against the chore charts all along. We asked her why she didn't want a chore chart and she said simply, "because, I don't want to do chores."
  • We are going to implement some behavior things into the charts, hence "responsibility" chart. Like: no hitting, listening the first time, no fighting, manners, etc.
  • Hopefully within the next 2 months or so, I'll be enrolling in an online photography course, as we'll (hopefully) have the means to pay my tuition. Obviously not ideal for everyone, but for me it's perfect because I can go to school without "going to school" and I don't have to have child care or drive anywhere and I'll receive a diploma, which will rock. Here is a link for anyone interested The Photography Institute.
  • Archer puked in Brookelyn's mouth this morning.
  • Archer also has his 2 month check up this morning so I will post stats later. By the way, anyone know where the time went? 2 months already. Wow.
  • Oh, and I plan to join Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep soon. I got a very heartfelt letter from a mom who used the organization and feel it's something I need to at least try.

8 comments:

Sam said...

Oh Amber I am so proud of you!!!! I think that is great you are joining NILMDTS! What does Jason think? I wont bring up the word aka:chart...but that was all very cute:)

Amber said...

I think Jason would rather I not, life's easier when you don't think about babies dying. I need to at least try. He cried when he watched the video.

Heather said...

Haha...too funny...I can actually picture Elliot being so excited over a chore chart and chattering a mile a minute...hilarious that Brookelyn doesn't want one cuz she doesn't WANT to do chores...me either!:-) Have no idea where the last 2 months went...I can't believe Archer is that old already!! They grow way too fast... And, I would have to agree with Jason that life IS easier when you don't think about babies dying...esp at the moment...all the best as you try NILMDTS...at least you'll know if it's something you can handle if you try.

Jeff & Aleigh said...

I think it's great if you could try NILMDTS too. I think it's an amazing organization for the many unforunate parents out there that have to go through that. What a beautiful memory/keepsake for their baby.
Your kids are absolutely adorable!!

Lindsay said...

love the "chart" story! good luck with your photography course, looks like fun! have to say, i'm glad you're joining nilmdts... if you can do it, that's AWESOME. totally back you up on that one!

Cheri said...

Is that actually a degree program, or do you just get a diploma?

Shannon said...

i literally laughed out loud...archer threw up in brookelyn's mouth. too funny.

Amber said...

Cheri: You get a diploma...I guess I don't know if there's a difference. Either way, I'll be glad to get the experience and knowledge.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
http://www.linkwithin.com/