11.13.2008

Brookelyn spent the night at Mom's again to keep her company (Dad's hunting in SD) and also to help get ready for meeting.

My Mom was telling me that at some point she hurt Erica (I can't remember what actually happened and Brookelyn won't tell me now) but my Mom told her to say she was sorry. Apparently she rolled onto the floor and made some sort of gibberish sound, and my Mom repeated that she had to tell Erica sorry. Brookelyn stated that she did say sorry, and my Mom said, "I didn't hear it..." and Brookelyn said "that's because I said it in Spanish!"

Then on the way home from meeting, Elliot and Brookelyn started fighting about something and she pinched him. He screamed "No hitting Brookewyn, that's on your chore chart and you can't hit!" Jason especially had a good laugh. So far, the charts are working reasonably well, it's just getting down what the chores are and reminding the a million times that if they don't do everything on the list, they don't get to pick a treat. The hardest ones are the no hitting/fighting, and that's mainly why we implemented them, but it never hurts to have them take responsibility for their own plate and dirty laundry.

Trae is into "helping" lately and it's so adorable to hear him say it. It comes out pretty clear "hewp?" I am starting to get into the swing of things with 4 kids and instead of feeling really overwhelmed, I am feeling incredibly blessed. The kids crack me up several hundred times a day and I'm learning to slow down, which is a good thing. I've been in hurry all my life, whether I really need to be or not. So when my little boy asks to "hewp" with the laundry, I pause and lift him to press the button on the dryer and kiss his little forehead before putting him back down. The look of pride on his face when I thank him for helping is so worth the extra time.

After a bit of a dry spell, I'm off to shoot a wedding tomorrow. I'm really hoping archer doesn't cause a ruckus for the babysitter. Luckily it happens to be Grandma, so I'm not to worried.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

"spanish"... too funny! if you use photoscape at all (i like to use it in combination with my other photo program), there are text and symbol options, and the copyright thingy is found in the symbols. nothing like protecting your work, eh? good luck tomorrow... :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
http://www.linkwithin.com/