10.15.2008

terrible, horrible, no good, very bad mom.

I feel like such a horrible mom right now. I forgot, again, that Elliot had early release today and I was over at mom's setting up for the garage sale. I happened to call at around 2pm to see if Elliot could stay for kids club, and the secretary paused, and that's when it dawned on me that he had early release. I said that, and she said "yeah, he'll probably be home any minute." I was nursing Archer at the moment so I asked my Mom to rush home to get him. The school called back and said the bus driver just called and they were bringing him back to school. Yeah, I feel like a total loser Mom right now. I did this last time, and it's not that I'm ever doing anything important or running late or anything, I simply forget that it's early release and it doesn't dawn on me until it's to late. After Mom left, I called the school back to see if Elliot was okay, I didn't know if he was crying or anything that his Mom forgot again. I of course burst into tears of frustration and guilt. Last time he didn't let me forget it either, he kept asking why I forgot and said he told the neighbor boy to "tell his Mom what happened" Of course I was irritated because I don't want everyone knowing I forget my son has early release. Last year they sent home a daily news sheet that said "don't forget tomorrow is early release.." this year we got a calendar with everything marked, but I don't obviously check it. When my Mom got back with Elliot, it turned out that he told the bus driver he was home alone, and she had him check the doors, which were locked. Our doors are never locked, but since Trae can open them, they all were, and the garage door was closed, so the door that is always left unlocked when we leave, he couldn't get into. Then the cat was following him out into the road and he didn't want him to get run over, so he took the cat on the bus and the bus driver dropped it off on her way home....she lives down the road from us. I've said freakin' way to many times today, and I keep yelling at the kids because they keep yelling and waking up Archer. I've been a terrible Mom today, and I'm just waiting on the call from social services when the school turns me in for neglect. Jason leaves tomorrow for over a week. yea.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

if it makes you feel any better i've said "you want a spankin'" or "want my hand to meet your hiney" or "get moving NOW before i whoop ya" WAY TOO many times today. i didn't actually spank anyone today. i'm full of threats.

Lindsay said...

you're not a bad mommy! just really busy- i sometimes wonder how i can make it through the rest of the day with just one, let alone two (or more)... and if it makes you feel any better, i told cole he was a brat today... ooops. poor kid wasn't feeling great, but one can only take SO MUCH whining!

Matt, Ashley & Alexus said...

Amber your an amazing mom! Don't let anyone or yourself tell you any different. I know I would have done the same thing. :D ~*~Hugs~*~

Tim and Melissa said...

I think 'bad mommy' is far too harsh for the events of the day. 'Busy mommy' seems to fit WAAAAY better. Good luck for the next week while Jason is gone...I'll be thinking of ya! Keep your chin up...you're the mom that everyone wishes they could be!!

Sam said...

Oh Amber. These things happen. Cameron's grandpa forgot him at school once, I know its not the same but these things happen, you are very busy. You could put a big calendar up that you check every morning or evening with these things and other things that are important. Cameron was star of the day last month and I forgot. He came home that day crying because all of the kids said: "Cameron, where is your treat? Why didnt you bring a treat or something for show and tell..." I felt TERRIBLE! So honey it happens to all of us. Your a VERY good mom and those 4 are increadibly lucky to have you.

Mindy said...

i know it doesn't feel funny, but i love the way you wrote about your day. any honest mother can relate! i enjoyed shannon & lindsay's comments too. i think i've said all the same things, but the one i feel most guilty about is brat!

Heather said...

You're not a bad mom!! I would forget, too...esp if I had 4 million other things going on at the time(not to mention 3 other kids!), and I certainly don't ever bother to ck the calendar...so I'm lucky the doc office calls and reminds me I have appts!:-) So, you're not a bad mom, you're not a bad mom, you're not a bad mom....ok?;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
http://www.linkwithin.com/