10.07.2008

Do Not try this at home!!



I don't know why I tell on myself when I do really dumb things, but as a public service to you, my dear readers, I will share.

I paid a whopping $8 for contact solution to replace the cheap $4 stuff that dries my eyes out. I perused all the solution, and decided on Clear Care No Rub solution. The box reads...no it doesn't...but I was sure I had chosen the #1 opthalmalogist recommended solution! Anyhow, the side of the box DOES read:


DO NOT use flat lens case. Clear Care ONLY works with the special lens case provided.

DO NOT remove lens from cases until at least 6 hours later. The solution needs time to neutralize. (that's important)

DO NOT rinse lens with Clear Care prior to inserting lens into your eyes. If you want to rinse lenses, use a sterile saline like Softwater Saline. (this is where the cheap $4 solution would've been handy.)

DO NOT squirt Clear Care into your eyes.

So I'm not a directions person. I wasn't a directions person. I now am IF it pertains to something that I will be putting in my eye, or any other orifice, I might add.

I got out of the shower, as is my routine, I put my contacts in right away. Before lotions etc. so I don't get things in my eyes that hurt.

So I hop out, towel off, and grope my way to the cabinet. (I am BLIND!)

I open up my fresh bottle of solution that I gave my left arm for, rinse my lens, squirt some solution into it, and stick it into my eye.

Stomp!!Stomp!!HAAAaAAAcrapthat burns!awwwoooocrap!Stomp...AWWW.aWWWoooouch.jeepersthat hurts.Stompstomp.hooooo.ooowww.stomp.


My eye is of fire!! I am trying to get it out, but it feels like your tongue feels when you lick on deodorant in my eye. It is dry, and it hurts so bad I can't tell if I've got it out or not. I think I do, Brookelyn confirms it, and I stand over the sink as tears pour from my eyes and snot from my nose....like a bull. All the while, and I chuckle now, Brookelyn and Trae are watching me stomp and yell, sans clothes, around my bathroom.

Ingredients: 3% micro filtered hydrogen peroxide, .79% sodium chloride stabilized with phosphonic acid, a phosphate buffered system, and Pluronic 17R4 (a cleaning agent)

DO NOT put this stuff directly into your eyes. My eye still smarts, and still feels like I rubbed deodorant into it when I blink. I am afraid to try it following the directions...

11 comments:

Mindy said...

owww! i feel your pain. i did something like this long ago (during high school). you might want to wear your glasses for a while!

Heather said...

OUCH! You might just wanna go back to the cheap $4 stuff....why in the world would they put nasty chemicals like that in a contact solution??? Stupids. I mean, for real, how many ppl actually read directions before putting contact solution on their contacts or in their eyes? Hope that gets feeling better for you...makes my eyes water just thinking about it!

Tim and Melissa said...

oooohhh, not cool. I say you should pitch the expensive bottle and go back to the cheap stuff. I'm very leary to wander from my expensive contact solution (renu) due to issues like you discovered. Good luck to your eye!!

Matt, Ashley & Alexus said...

I agree with Heather OUCH! I'm always concerned because I always use the cheapy solution too. I always feel like I should be buying something "better". Maybe I will stick with the cheap "O" stuff. Nothing clears the sinuses like putting contacts in. I hope your eye feels better soon.

Lindsay said...

weird that a case wasn't included with the solution... that's the stuff i use and yeah, it stings if you get it in your eye!! it should feel better before too long! personally, i like clear care because i don't have to touch my lenses other than to take them out and put them back in. the thought of touching them a lot gives me the creeps... :)

The Killams said...

Amber...I did that once in highschool. At a get together-I had forgotten my solution, so someone was kind enough to let me use theirs....uh yeah....and I didn't have my glasses along either....lovely! Hope you feel better soon!!!!

Sam said...

Ouch! Hope you feel better!

NanaK said...

wait....before you pitch the stuff, call the 800# and complain!

Amber said...

...it came with a case & I just used it wrong!

Alaina said...

I use the same stuff, I'm so petrified of doing that! Now I know I have good reason. It works though!

Mariah said...

I did that one time... I was at a friend's house and just used her solution b/c I forgot mine... after screaming bloody murder, I laid my head in the sink and let the faucet run in my eye for like 10 minutes...

I had to wear my glasses for like 2 weeks and that eye is still more sensitive than the other one... :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails
http://www.linkwithin.com/