8.23.2008

The Mice have Balls.

Last night, there was plenty of scurrying around, enough that I woke up several times...or maybe my bladder woke me and the mice kept me up? Anyway, we have a bajillion traps set and not one went off. I heard mice and running, but apparently they're to full yet from eating my flax seed neck wrap that they aren't in the mood to eat. Every time I do get up, I peek over the bed to make sure they aren't having a party at the side of my bed taunting and mocking me. When I stomp them to death they'll regret that...How do you get rid of mice, besides traps I mean. What if they're some new breed of genius mice and don't take the bait? And why, WHY is it that I HATE mice and I HATE snakes, and I have snakes outside my house every time I go outside, and mice inside my house keeping me up at all hours? Don't snakes typically eat mice? That's what I thought....I'm going to find some tom cats and hopefully that will take care of the mice outside before they sneak in. How do mice get in anyway? It's not like we make a habit of leaving our doors open, and I think our house should be sealed up pretty tight as it's only 2 years old...the pipe for the dryer maybe? I don't know, but I'm really distraught to have mice inhabiting my space, makes me so un-Zen. If I can just get rid of the stupid things, my stress level would plummet, whoosh, right down.


***A trap went off, but since my husband put them out, I can't find it. I did, however, observe that 4 traps have the peanut butter licked off, but are still set. Any suggestions? I am desperate....there is only a small pea-size amount, is that enough?

6 comments:

Justin and Susie said...

Hey, I'm friends of Lindsay and Elissa, and just read about your little problem! My parents had mice really bad when they moved into their new house, the old owners had just given up on getting rid of them, but my parents had 3 or 4 outside cats, and a couple weeks later the mice were gone. My mom won't let the cats in the house, but they took care of it from outside. Not sure if you have cats or not, but if you don't, it might help.

Amber said...

Thanks...we never had mice when we had cats, so maybe we need a few.

Tim and Melissa said...

Hey...don't get the SNAP mouse traps...get the sticky ones. My bro-in-law is in Iraq right now and they had a huge mouse problem, and the ONLY kind of mouse trap that worked were the sticky ones...and they'd peel the mouse off and put it back out and catch another on the same one. Try it!

Delia DeLeest said...

We had RATS in our house. I didn't handle it well. We've now got cats and after they caught a bunch of rats, both inside and out, I haven't seen any evidence of them around anymore. Our cats caught their first rat when they were only about 3 months old. So, even if they're little, they'll do the job for you

Heather said...

I've heard the sticky traps work well, too...it's been a long time since I had to deal with that issue....yuck. I like mice, but not infesting my house unless they're in cages! Good luck!:-)

Lindsay said...

hey- i'd go all out: get a few cats, set out sticky traps, all that- either way, those mice will meet their doom... good luck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
http://www.linkwithin.com/