1.28.2008

Odds&Ends

The nausea has set in...and so has the mind numbing tiredness. I know it's not at it's worst, which is hard to believe. I'm so busy that when I finally sit down and think that I have a baby growing inside me, I get excited all over again.

Elliot wants a boy and he wants to name him Beavis Baseman John. He figures we'll have one more boy, and then two girls after that, so we have 3 of each! Beavis was the name Elliot and Brookelyn picked out for Trae (suggested by their dad..) Brookelyn told the nurse that his name was Trae aaand Beavis! Elliot is Elliot John Baseman. It won't be Beavis...

Brookelyn wants a girl and wants to name her Kenya. That is the name of her African baby.

Mom called today to tell me that last night when my Dad and Brookelyn were looking at an SCI magazine (he quizes her on African animals) there was a Gemsbok with messed up horns. She took a good look at it and asked "What's wrong with that thing?" My dad said his horns got messed up when they grew in. Brookelyn went to turn the page, then glanced back at the Gemsbok and said "I wouldn't even eat that thing." She's a funny girl...

Trae is still cutting teeth, and watch out because he'll bite anything and it hurts! He's been very vocal and aggressive today, so his teeth must be really bugging him.

We'll take any name suggestions...we'd love to hear 'em. I don't think we're going to find out what we're having. My dad "bet" me I couldn't wait, purposely because if you tell me I can't do something, I will do it. It's going to be hard though. I think I have a hunch of what the baby is, but when I decide for sure, maybe i'll post!

12 comments:

Lainers said...

To suggest a name: I love the name Morgan. I just do. Always have. Always will.

Jeff & Aleigh said...

How about Alison? ;o)

I have alot of favorite kids names but I have a hard time sharing them because I want to use them someday.

One name that I've always loved and won't use is Mallory. Why are we only helping you with girls names?! lol

ethel said...

hi..you left a comment for me but it's on one of my blogs that i thought was private! that's funny..i'll have to check it and see what happened. anyway, thanks for the doula info and congratulations on your own pregnancy!

Tim & Melissa said...

Oh boys...it was hard enough to come up with my own kids' names...don't know that I can be of much help to ya! I DO want to know what you think the baby's sex is, however. I do like the name Tyler for a boy though...and I can share that, because I can't name any future son of mine that, since I have a niece named Taylor...Tyler, Taylor...too close! Wasn't there some sore of 'thing' you do to determine the sex of the baby...peeing on some kind of chemical?

Amber said...

Pee in a see through container and then add CRYSTAL draino. If it turns blue-ish green, it's a boy. If ti turns green-ish brown, it's a girl. Make sur you don't pee in the Draino, as you could get burned really bad. It heats up and smells atrocious.

Tim & Melissa said...

so....have you done that yet? how accurate was it for your other 3?

Amber said...

yes, I did it this morning. Accurate on all three...I had the hunch first and used the test to see if I was right. Supposedly, it's most accurate in the 1st trimester. I've had friends who it didn't work for though.

ryibasFamily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ryibasFamily said...

Congrats you guys!!! We need to have you guys down to GB soon!

As far as names you can never go wrong with "Ryan" in honor of Jason's good 'ol cousin.

~ Ryan B.

Tim & Melissa said...

and................. :O)

Heather said...

I'm with Elliot...Beavis is a great name!:-) Just kidding. I'm sure you'll come up with something unique on your own...I like the names Braden and Caden for a boy but Justin doesn't like them and girl names are WAY beyond me finding any I like, so won't share the ones we have picked out in case we ever have a girl!:-)

Jen said...

I like Kennedy for a girl. Or Olivia. Or Ava.

For boys, I like Landon or Colt or even Tristan. Or Luc (Pronounced the same as "Luke" only spelled differently.

Just some ideas from a lurker on your blog. :) We've never met, but I've heard your name before from friends that live up by you. Oh, and I've heard your name with good things...it's been when they've told me you were expecting. :)

Congrats on this one! :)

Jen Martin
www.wiscogal.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails
http://www.linkwithin.com/