I thought I'd take a walk down memory lane and revisit 2008.
Last New Years, we were anticipating our baby turning one and hadn't even made plans of when we'd add to our family again. On January 23, my post says Ho-Hum. Later on that night, I found out I was expecting another baby! I announced to my blog readers on January 25th that we were having a baby...you can read my thoughts and feelings here. It's amazing how each child is welcomed with so much love. It's insane, really, the love we have for our kids. Each new baby that comes along you love just as much as the others. I thought I wanted a baby girl. My brain makes sense of evens, so 2 boys and 2 girls seemed the most logical, not to mention that s/he was due just 3 days earlier that Brookelyn was 5 years earlier. On January 9, I came out and revealed what I thought I was having.....did I think boy?.....or did I think girl?
I'll briefly mention that I didn't get far in my New Years resolution....
My pearl of wisdom.....
We found out about some special little girls that would be entering our lives...pictures of the little darlings here and here, oh, and here. Did I mention pictures? Go here!
Elliot's had an on again off again relationship with Megan all year...currently it's on the outs...
I still haven't lived this one down....nearly every time we go out someone asks about his scar. I have to explain again and again. (I also wish people would stop telling this story wrong and saying I left the oven open for a second and he got to it, that's not what happened) Regardless, I feel ashamed every time I have to explain it to someone and I can just tell they think I suck.
We had known since December that we were going to aunt and uncle, we just didn't know yet if we'd have a niece or a nephew. We found out about the twins and in March we found out we'd be blessed with another niece!
I quit the job I loathed big time to pursue a career in something I love.
"I feel like a ton of bricks has been lifted off of my shoulders. I didn't realize how much tension my job actually caused. I feel much better knowing I have 6 shifts, and then i'm all done. How liberating. I called my boss, Tom, and asked how he was doing... "I'm good. I got a really good job doing photography and that's what I love, so i'll be done when my scheduled shifts are over"....short and sweet and awkward, but maybe I can sleep tonight. It's a dreary day today and i'm craving chicken nuggets and fries from McDonalds. I have been having really intense cravings lately. Saturday night I woke up about 2a.m. and was craving Waffle Crisp. I had to talk myself out of it. I figure i've made it through 3 pregnancies w/out nighttime feeding, so why start now?? Here's to a good day, and some chicken nuggets and fries. I feel like crying i'm so relieved. Now I am crying." ~March 31,2008
Even though wedding season is really April-October and the rest of the year gets sooo tight, I'd much rather have a job I love.
I share me here and here and here and here ahem, and here
We found out wonderful news about our baby here! He's cute! *
Brookelyn's turn to shine(er).
My firstborn turned 6
I turned 25
Took a family vacation to Montana
My baby sister got married.
We celebrated Jason's 6th father's day. I love this picture...
Celebrated 7 years of wedded bliss...
Very proud Mommy....
Annoying people....&*$%# Here
My gorgeous niece was born...and I remembered what I had coming in a few weeks.
Gracious I love my children.
My boy started 1st grade
Waiting and waiting and waiting for baby......and wait some more.
Then, on the same day my little girl turned 5, he finally came.
He was gorgeous and perfect and healthy in every way. Archer Cole, you complete us.
I heart our family!
A few things I'm doing for me...* and *
Tips for 2009!
2008 was a great year, I can't wait to see what 2009 holds.
Kisses at midnight for you all! Smooch!
- Arrived around 5pm. Nate and Marsha came with the girls and we hung out and played Phase 10. Lame. Game. Cute babies though. I wanted to steal them.
- Nate and Marsha left....we ran into town for haircuts for Jason and Elliot. Pam worked. The kids went sledding in the yard and helped Grandpa with a bonfire. Took down all Pam's cookie jars from on top of her cabinets. Washed and dried them, vacuumed the cabinet tops, and organized them all for her. (had to earn our keep....) Played some games. Hung pictures and curtains.
- I baked GingerSnaps and homemade peanut butter cups. Pam made Turtles and butter cookies. My stuff didn't go over like the Turtles :0( Nate and Marsha came back and we played a few games and hung out.
- Spa Day! We all had massages and I had a facial. Great to get out. Nate and Marsha had to leave shortly after. Teary goodbyes. Played some Rook. Pam went to work.
- Talked Pam and Steve into humoring us and went to the Mall of America. Bought a few things. Urban Outfitters is an awesome store....played more Rook. I'm actually starting to like this game...except when I accidentally lay the wrong thing and get accused of cheating.
- Meeting. Lunch. 5 hours packing time. Visit at Grandpa Scott's and Grandma Julie's. Didn't arrive until after 7, but the kids were begging and since we didn't have school we stopped by for about and hour. Exhausted.
This week...no plans tonight. Tomorrow Bingo and snacks with my Dad's family. Wednesday....no plans. Thursday...no plans....Ahem... Friday and Saturday sleepover at Mom and Dad's with all us kids and our kids. Charades. Win, Lose, or Draw. Good food. Videos of the kiddos when they were little. Don't Forget the Lyrics. Fooseball!! More food. Wrestling?.... Should be a good time.
It's Monday. I never write well on Mondays.
On a side note, it's dumb to vacuum the van when it -10 degrees. The machine eats your quarters, and when you finally get one to work your hands freeze fast and it hurts so bad it makes you want to swear. Or cry. Or both.
And also, I got stuck in the driveway on my way out.
Imagine her surprise when all of a sudden there is a very loud rapping on her front door, a door no one ever uses. She hops up and finds her husband, we'll call him Jason, standing at the door, and his friend, we'll call him Jess, following behind. She spat out "Hello, I don't even had clothes on..." and then ran to her room as she called "why do you bring people over when the house is a mess?" The husband said he was dropping the car off and left. The woman had no idea what he meant by that as she breathed fire in the bedroom. When she was fully clothed, she called the husband on the phone he never answers and he actually picked it up. It shocked her because he had to know she'd be mad and usually would have ignored the call. Instead he answered it, and being very vague as not to let on to his friend what the conversation was about, gave her very generic answers that didn't pertain to what she was saying to him so she finally told him he better be ready to hear it when he gets home because she was VERY MAD ABOUT THIS. (or words close anyway) and slammed her phone shut.
To this day she still can't figure out why her husband wouldn't call ahead of time if he was bringing people over, or why he would drop his car off at home. She did ask in the phone call if his phone was broke (obviously not, but it was meant to be sarcastic anyway) She wishes she could tell the friend the story about why she was sitting at her computer naked on a weekday morning so he doesn't have to wonder "what was that all about?" She has calmed down a little since it happened, and now that I've shared her tale with you, why don't you go ahead and share it with the friend if you know him, so she doesn't embarrass herself further trying to explain herself the next time she sees him.
As for the husband, he'll probably drag his feet to get home to avoid his lashing, but what he doesn't know is she'll likely be over it by then and actually be laughing about it....not to say it can happen again or anything, but she'll let it slide this time.
Pam, Kimber, Marsha, Brookelyn, and I are having girls day out!
and a big thank you to Cheri for the suggestion...
After meeting, Jason moved his car seat from the van to the truck so he could get a ride too. Trucks are the new thing these days. The whole ride home, he said "Twuck...Mike Twuck!" Elliot even said at one point that he was getting sick of hearing it. (wonder if he can appreciate
me feeling the same about his whining lately?) Anyway...here is the video, we think it's super cute anyway.
When we got home, he talked about the truck for awhile while I decorated the plant shelf. He discovered one of his birthday gifts, a gun that shoots crotch rockets that zoom across the floor. I opened it for him since I felt bad that he's felt so crummy for the past few days. We played with it and he just kept saying "mow, mow?" (more, more) Finally I'd had enough and said it was time for bed. He threw the fit of the century! Screaming, kicking, rolling, flopping, crying, yelling, and then finally threw his nuk behind our bed. He would calm down a little and then remember he was in the midst of throwing a fit and get all dramatic on us again. He even used special effects and rolled off the side of the bed, careful not to hurt himself. Then he rolled under the bed. It irritated him that we ignored him and he came back on the bed about 5 minutes later asking for his nuk. (which we got and gave to him because we were exhausted and just wanted him to go to sleep) He did, very quickly and into his crib he went. All said and done, Archer was up 3 times that I remember (batteries are dead in the swing, we have to replace those today...) and Trae was up once and then tossed and turned and kicked and flopped around in our bed the rest of the night.
This morning he woke up saying (loudly, I might add) "WAWA?" (water) and Archer just laughed every time he said it. It's just us 3 here today, Elliot's at school and Brookelyn went to Grandma's last night. I decided to snuggle in bed with the boys and read my Bible a little. After I got my coffee, we snuggled down (not really, Trae was hanging from the head board and Archer was kickin' away) I read some and then Trae showed me the (dirty)q-tip he'd stuck in my coffee. There's only 2 things we use q-tips for around here: Earwax and Tiny baby boogers.
He then had to throw a fit because...well I can't remember why, but he ended up smashing his nose on the lip of our walk in shower. Then it was because I wouldn't let him press my keys, and then because I changed his wet diaper, and then he tried to do the special effects thing again and slide off my lap, in the process smacking his head on the bar. I put him in his crib for a time out and he stayed in there by choice for 10 minutes talking quietly to himself. Now he's in my lap again and nodding off, sleepily saying "Eyyiit?...Boppa?...Eyyitt...TWUCK!...Mike!....Eyyitt...Boppa?" They're so sweet when they're sleeping.
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. Buy a DVR and tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to __________ today.'
5. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Play more games and read more books than you did in 2008.
7. Make time to practice meditation and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants. Eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, or issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the negative blues away.
18. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
23. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
26. Forgive everyone for everything.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business.
28. Always remember that God can heal everything.
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
35. Do the right thing!
36. Call your family often. (Or email them to death!!!)
37. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished _________.
38. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
39. Enjoy the ride. Remember this is not Disney World and you certainly don't want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
**The bigger, colored ones are my favorites.
I learned this weekend that when people have their jaws wired shut they grow hair on their tongue...I think like mold hair type stuff. They have some stuff to get rid of it but it discolors your teeth. I plan on never having my jaw wired shut, I would end up in the loony bin. Or I'd shut down, I couldn't take not brushing my teeth, let alone have hair growing on my tongue.
That's all I've got.
My Mom bought me a panini maker for my birthday (June 28) and it ended up underneath something in the closet...(you mean your closets aren't un-organized?)she asked me the other day(well, more like 2 weeks ago) if I had used it yet. I got it out last week and have used it everyday since. It makes a perfect grilled cheese, and if you've ever gone to Atlanta Bread and has their chicken pesto panini...I have come scarily close to duplicating it and it is delicious. I have yet to burn a thing, and I always burn the first grilled cheese. Anyone know if you can do pancakes on it? Jason is out pancake maker and he always burns the first one too!
Trae was running a fever today and along with it came diarrhea. I think we used 4 diapers in 15 minutes and he even went on the potty. Hopefully the rest don't catch what he has, but the chances of that are pretty slim, I suppose.
We went to the art fair at Erica's school tonight, she had an entire table of her things...Nicole asked me why I never paint or draw anymore. My response was "that was before I had a million kids, I have no time now..." I miss being creative. Photography is creative in a sense, but I do miss actually painting something or doing a scrapbook page or decorating. I mean to get my creative juices flowing again, I'm so boring anymore.
We are headed up to Steve and Pam's next Tuesday, and I am contemplating sending the 2 older kids up earlier...they have some kittens that need to go before hand because Brookelyn gets sick and I won't risk her having an attack when I'm not around, especially since part of the time Pam will be working and they'll be with Kimber. We'll have to see on that, I know they'd love to go. I am also super excited for the blogger union at Mindy's...and I'm thinking about going to Cheri's Dad's spa for some pampering. we'll see how Jason feels about watching the kids. (I know their his kids to, but, well, never mind. Can't go there.) Big thanks to Mindy for hosting it at her place, and Cheri if it works out I will probably send you flowers for bringing it up!
My photography class is great. I am acquiring a wealth of information on the technical aspects of photography. I'm only one the first module and would already recommend it to all you photogs.
I feel bad because after telling Elliot for the 3rd time to get to bed, I slapped his butt and told him to get to bed when he came out looking for a vase for some silk flowers. ( baby was crying, I was on the phone, Trae was fighting with Brookelyn over a toothbrush, it was past bedtime by almost an hour, Jason is gone...) Afterwards, I thought maybe he was going to give me the flowers and now I feel terrible. So, if he's been told 3 times previously but he's coming to give me flowers is it okay? Or did he deserve a spank on the butt? (it wasn't a painful spanking, more like a smack on the butt to let him know I mean business:0) I'll sit here all night feeling guilty just to find out they were for his "ex" to win her back...have I told that story yet? Megan broke it off because he said he didn't want to marry her until he graduates. He said he wasn't sad and I believe him because he hasn't talked about her since.
Brookelyn said something super cute today and I can't remember what it is, so I'm mad at myself for that too. I should have written it down somewhere, I should know by now that I forget everything these days unless I write it down.
On the upside, I've lost 7.6 pounds in 2 weeks.
Here's the video that seemingly was the inspiration...I wanna Talk about Me!
Jason is getting the kids dressed to take them out in the snow. I just realized that we don't have winter boots for Trae. He is wearing a pink pair now, but we will get him some before we go up the Steve and Pam's as we have a sledding excursion planned and can't have our son in pink boots. Brookelyn says he's cute anyway. :0)
**Elliot was happy to see us...Trae kept waving and waving. Also, we saw an old lady (65-70) in a see-through shirt with a lacy granny bra underneath. (think family dollar) I'm dead serious. *shudder*
On a side note: Elliot had a snow day today. After playing in the snow for roughly 15 minutes, the kids (Elliot & Brookelyn) came inside and Elliot asked "Is da heat even running?" They were so cold and took it upon themselves to run a bath....(usually one goes, then the next...showers actually) They were all in there (I was sitting at my computer not paying a lot of attention, but I could see them) in their clothes. I suppose they didn't want to be naked in the same tub, but they had to walk to me because their clothes were so wet they couldn't get them off. (huge, wet mess) Trae was buck naked...we can't keep his clothes on to save our lives.
After lunch, I made the kids take naps, as we've had a lot of whining and arguing. I should've put away the clean laundry or perhaps swept....but I crawled in beside Trae and crashed. The kids (except Archer) slept for a full 2 hours. Archer is having belly pain today, and he (we) were in and out for the 2 hours. Either way, it was blissful. Tonight Jason will be working on the tile shower at my parents and I'll be home doing the chores I neglected today.
Trae used to call cookies crackers, but now he calls them crack-ok-ers!
- Today we went over to Mom's to make sugar and gingerbread cookies. We took some crazy cute pictures of the kids "helping" but they are on my internal memory and I have to figure out how to get them off. We are getting a blizzard now and expect 10-14 inches or something crazy, so I'm banking on Elliot not having school tomorrow. His concert is tomorrow if school is on.
- My sister, Erica, hates feet. The other day Brookleyn was licking my feet just to gross her out. It worked.
- Archer slept 7 hours one night, and then 5 the next!
- I am tired of pumping me breast in bathroom stalls. Apparently the sound of a breast pump is "freaky" and "hilarious" and the adult women of this world just can't leave it be, they have to laugh and carry on until I assure them they're safe, I'm just milking. The last wedding in Nov. I had to set the pump on the baby changing station and a group of girls came in and were laughing hysterically. Really?....it's not that funny. Then it went to "OMG!! What is that? I am seriously freaked!! LOLOLOLOL...." Are you kidding me? They continued laughing in all their freaked out horror, and finally I piped up that it was just a breast pump. "Oh, it just scared us..." Yeah, really, grow up........So then Saturday, as I was perched in the handicapped stall on a chair with my pump teetering on my lap 8 hours into the shoot, another bunch of ladies come and and laugh hysterically again. It seriously never occurred to me to sit and laugh like a hyena at the sound of a breast pump.....I can't believe grown women do it. Oh, and I managed to spill 2 ounces of milk on the floor. (the bag folded when I was dumping it) Archer only drank 8 ounces in the 11 hours I was gone, so I have 14 ounces frozen. One last thing: for whatever reason, my right boob was like a full cup size larger than my left all day Sat. & Sun regardless that I pumped to try and even it out. The girls are back to (nearly) identical twins today so they must have been in a funk, but how am I supposed to camouflage that the F sized breast is much larger than the E size one? They're hard to miss even if you're not looking.
- I filled the van up for under $25 today.
- I sold my snowboard and boots...which happened to be a huge part of our dating days. Jason was a little bummed to learn I have zero desire to ever hit the slopes again. I hate the cold, and I hate that I have back and neck problems from falling on my snowboard. I sold the board to a 13 year old boy, and the boots to a jerk. He called me on my way to the chiro this morning (which happens to be in Clintonville, where he was) and I happened to have the boots with me. He met me at the chiro, and then brings out $25 instead of $30. He says "25, right" and I say "no, $30...." Of course then he said "really? I think it was $25, is that okay?" It's 5 bucks you idiot, and these are $140 boots that have been worn like 5 times, maybe. What is your problem? "Whatever, it's fine." "Are you sure? I'm sorry." I believe that was bunk, and that he was pretending to be a clueless piece of turd to save himself 5 bucks. I really wanted to tell him that was my gracery money for the week for me and my 4 kids, but let it go. Apparently there is a sign on my forhead that screams "I love to get ripped off, especially if you act all shocked that you "forgot" how much we agreed on for this item that you are getting a great deal on in the first place!!" Seriously, I had a guy talk me into selling him a chaise lounger for $70 instead of $80 and then show up with $69 and feed me this line that he was sure he had $70.... Get off my lawn. Peice of crap. Then I get 9 more calls about the stupid thing and could have got every penny I was initially asking for. Anyway....
He came home from school on Monday and said that he was going to move in with 2 of the triplets, Megan and Jessica, but they weren't his girlfriend or anything...
Yesterday, he started talking more and said that Jessica wasn't his girlfriend. Of course, I asked if Megan was then and he said "Yes!" He is really very giddy about the whole affair. He has it all figured out....
They are going to get married Tuesday (that's the day she wants to do it) and then they will move into my Mom and Dad's basement....He even moved an art easel, Lego table, a sword, random books, and a few other fun things into "their" room. I asked him how long they'd been dating and he said "2 days!"
I asked him "what if she wants to have babies with you...?" and his exact words were "That'd be alright!" said with a huge grin.
We also had to probe him to make sure there isn't any kissing going on, and there isn't, but they hold hands on the playground. I told him he can't kiss her and if he does he could get in a lot of trouble...(there was a case around here recently where a kindergartner kissed another kindergartner and he got suspended)
He was giddy and couldn't stop talking about her all night. He seemed so glad to be getting out of his parents place, after all Grandma's place is much better. Finally I told him he couldn't get married because he was to young and I wasn't letting him move out because I'd miss him. He asked me "like what?" and I told him I wouldn't be able to tuck him in or wake him up for school, and he assured me Grandma could.
I asked Brookelyn if she would be sad if Elliot moved out and she said "No, cuz I'm movin' out to...the udder room I'm gonna sweep in."
They crushed me.
Elliot had a change of heart after a talk with Grandpa and decided he's "not gettin' married til' he's 18 and done with high school." I suppose Megan's heart will be broken today. I'm sure he won't be real delicate in telling her he doesn't want to marry her on Tuesday.
If anyone can enlighten me on how to upload an actual video instead of the link, please enlighten me! Thanks.
- The other day Elliot saw a picture of Beyonce and JZ in a magazine. He showed it to me and said "Mom, here's a picture of Abe Lincoln and his wife!"
- I can't believe I forgot to post this....Trae pooped on the potty at the cabin last weekend, yea!
- My new favorite cereal is Kashi U Black Current and Walnut. Delicious.
- Archer LOVES when I clean out his ears. He sits really still and looks about ready to fall asleep. (Not with q-tips, he hates that...just when I get all the dried milk out of his ear folds when he wakes up.)
- Archer also almost dozes off in the shower, just like Trae did. One of these days he actually will, and then I'll take a photo.
- I got a new Flip Video camera. We have a big video camera, but I wanted one for the diaper bag. It's green, like my laptop. We've probably created a monster here...I apologize in advance if I post to many videos of my kids. :0)
- That's all. Ciao!
I had Elliot sit on the front porch to wait for the bus, since it's rather windy out at the end of the driveway and there is a 15 minute time frame of when the bus shows up. (usually between 7:35-7:50) At 7:33, she flew past as Elliot was on his way out to the end of the driveway. Usually she slows down and honks, so I don't know what the problem was today, but I was rather irate at having to drag all four kids out in the frigid weather to do the job that I pay atrocious taxes for her to do, not to mention that he rides the bus almost everyday (like unless we're at my Mom's when Jason's hunting and I drive him) and she was going right there....why not slow down at least and give the kid a chance to get out there. I really want to busdrivernap her and tie her to a chair at the end of my driveway for 20 minutes (and then flick her in the nose...) and see how much compassion she has for these kids then. I sent a note with Elliot to give her tonight, but if she keeps up this attitude it will be war. I wrote in the note that I would rather not have to load up all four of the kids in the cold....and also that he was outside today when she flew past. It's so frustrating because I had to wake Trae up, and bundle them all up, and we have this weird thing with our heater where it blows on high continuously, which would be fine if I had the time to warm it up before bringing me newborn out in it, scrape my windows, drive the five minutes there with a screaming baby, drop him off, drive home, unload all the kids, take hats/coats/mittens off. In other words, A really big pain.
The kid, Braiden, that was picking on Elliot on the bus? He was sharing a seat with him....now, he sits with two other kids, and the principal told me there is plenty of room on the bus for him to have his own seat.....
Oh, and on the topic of Braiden. The principal called the two boys down to figure out a "solution." Braiden claimed he doesn't ask Elliot for his things, he was just kidding. They also established that if Elliot doesn't want Braiden to "kick him in the nuts" that he shouldn't play kickball with Braiden anymore. Of course, this is Elliot's rendition, but if they seriously allow kids to kick people in the privates when they play kick ball, that's really ridiculous...anyway, remember the missing compass? It showed back up on Elliot's backpack the very next day.
I think I better spend some time reading my Bible, as I am so tense right now that this bad morning is destined to turn into a very bad day. I need to work on my spirit.
ESFP - The Performers
The entertaining and friendly type. They are especially attuned to pleasure and beauty and like to fill their surroundings with soft fabrics, bright colors and sweet smells. They live in the present moment and don´t like to plan ahead - they are always in risk of exhausting themselves. The enjoy work that makes them able to help other people in a concrete and visible way. They tend to avoid conflicts and rarely initiate confrontation - qualities that can make it hard for them in management positions.
http://www.typealyzer.com/index.php?lang=en to take the test!
Well I am totally a planner, and I initiate confrontation with people I know readily....I do love beauty and soft fabrics and color, I'll let you decide for yourself if you think I'm entertaining or not.:0)
2. Things You Are Wearing Right Now: Jean skirt, Down vest
3. Two Things You Want Very Badly At The Moment: Central Vac & a massage.
4. Two people who you look up to: My Dad & My Mom
5. Two things you did last night: Went out for some alone time & tucked the kids in.
6. Two things you ate yesterday: Cheesecake & Latte.
7. Two people you last talked to: Trae & my mother in law.
8. Two Things you're doing tomorrow: Having dinner with family @ Mom & Dad's & heading out to the cabin for Fri & Sat.
9. Two longest car rides: Montana & Florida
10. Favorite Holidays : Thanksgiving & Sweetest Day.
11. Favorite Vacations : Cancun & Florida.
12. Last trip: Montana for a family reunion.
- That we have a functional family that has so much love for each other.
- For healthy kids.
- That our propane tank is 70% full.
- That my husband is willing to work side jobs to pick up my slack during the down season.
- That I can stay home with my kids, and that either Jason or my Mom is willing to watch them when I work.
- For warm winter coats/hats/gloves for all the kids.....thanks Grandma!
- My Mom makes such a great Thanksgiving feast and for everything else she does.
- For my faith.
- For my sisters. Nothing quite like a sister.
- For my nieces.
- That my husband has a great job.
- For great friends that have my back;0)
- For today.
- First off, yes, I do realize all I do is bulleted posts anymore...
- Light night after being gone only for about 45 minutes, I got a call from Jason saying Trae fell off the bed and cut his ear...Trae and Archer were both screaming in the background. He said it was bleeding pretty bad. After determining he didn't need stitches, I told him I'd be home as soon as I could....it makes my stomach hurt just looking at it, and it he must be in a decent amount of pain because he didn't sleep well at all and it seems like if he lays on it, it wakes him and we start all over again with the tossing and turning.
- Archer HATES when I leave, he screamed the entire time even though I fed him right before I left and he was sweet as pie all day. I guess I'll only be leaving him for work, which is few and far between these days. Winter is not a hot season for photographers.
- Last night I actually put my cart away since I was by myself...I took aim from about 15 feet from the cart corral and shoved it with all my might, hoping for a bulls eye. Well, I missed, and the cart slammed into the metal divider and bounced back towards me. I laughed and said nice....to myself, I found it funny but hoped, ya know,that no one else saw....and then this cute little Mexican Grandpa pipes up and says "Ya almost made it!"
- I had a chocolate cheesecake and a latte for supper, how posh is that?
- In my haste to post quickly and get out of the house, I failed to mention that Brookelyn fell asleep with gum in her hair the first time, and did a cartwheel the second time. I tried to get most of it out, but ended up having to cut the little bit that wouldn't come out, even with ice.
- Annnnd....the award for the Best Pacifier Loser in the Country goes to my husband.
When I was expecting Archer, I had some pain that we had originally thought was my gallbladder. Since I've had him it's gotten worse, but in talking with people, I realized that it had to be something else, and asked the doctor about it today, explaining that I had my child 10 weeks ago.
Apparently, I have an "anatomic abnormality" and she has no clue what God was thinking when he gave us a zyphoid process, but it's really stupid because we just don't need it! So what it is (as she hunches over and pushes in at the bottom of her ribcage) when we get pregnant....this is really enlightening!...things move and our belly expands! Of course, we can try to get our belly flat, but we all know it just never goes back to the same. So, then after that schpeel, she tells me I can't keep gaining weight. She tells me that I look like I have a sinus infection, and after a gander at my throat confirms that but tells me 3 times that "it's really not that bad...you know in the old days people got over this stuff on their own..." and gives me a recipe for a nose solution of pickling salt, baking soda, and water. She stands up and bends down and simulates squirting saline spray up her nose with a "booger bulb" Then she sits down and says "just bend over over, kina like this and, ya know squirt it up there (head back) (head forward) and then blow it out....then tip your head back again and then swallow and snort at the same time." Then she snorks again and keeps reiterating the routine. I guess I'll just mention here that yes, she is a dork. I ask her if theres anything I can do for the issue with my stomach because I can't see putting up with it for the rest of my life. She says "well, ya know, don't press on it, and don't gain anymore weight..." It's not like I have this plan to pack on pounds, obviously...."it's just that, don't gain weight...you know." She finally shut up about it.
Then she asks where she should fax the script...(I'm going to do the nose solution, but if it doesn't help, then I'll get the antibiotic)...and I tell her Walmart. She then realizes I had a reaction to Amoxicillin once, so she finds a different drug (Zithromax) and I ask if I can take that while nursing. (yes) Then she asks me what pharmacy. I had thought we went over that, but tell her again. Then she explains the classes of drugs to me and how my drug is safe in pregnancy and nursing.....and asks me if I'm pregnant now. Are you kidding? Do you listen to anything I'm saying? And do you feel the need to tell 14 times that I shouldn't gain anymore weight because people have to repeat things 30 times before you catch on?...
- This morning I got all the kids dressed, as I had to get out the door for a chiro appointment. Trae picked out his own pants, and insisted we change out of the ones I previously dressed him in before we could leave. When we got done with my appointment and I was loading the kids back up in the van, I noticed his hat was missing. I remembered putting in his sleeve, and when I checked it out, it was like he had a club on his arm! He didn't even care....
- Archer slept for 7! hours the other night..whoohoo! He's been eating once each night, at around 1-2am and sleeping awesome the rest of the night.
- It's starting to be one of those days...at this point I really want to send all my kids to bed and take a hot bath. sigh.
- Elliot came home sick from school today...he didn't seem sick at all, but now he just said he's "sicker" and probably won't be able to go tomorrow. Makes me think something else is going on. He has this kid, Braiden, in his class that is constantly asking him for things and when Elliot tells him no, he says he's "gonna kick him in the nuts then." I think I'm going to have to call...Braiden asked for Elliot's compass last week (it's pinned on his coat) and Elliot of course said no. (oh, and did I mention that everytime he says no, the kid tells him he "collects" whatever it is he's asking for?) Well, it was stolen this week.
- ****we talked some more and he admitted that some other kids broke his snowman (his best friend & Braiden included) and Braiden called him a loser and said he was going to beat him up on the bus. He is assigned a seat with Braiden on the bus. I'll be calling tomorrow. I hate playing Momma Bear, but I also hate when punky kids get away with harassing other kids because they're considered "problem" kids. That's what they said last year about Braiden, "yeah, he's a problem..." like I should be okay with it then.
I loved his lashes in this photo...
Trae spent hours taking hard wood floor scraps out of the box and placing them in the wood box.
Archer either did this....
1. I hate snow. I hate driving in snow. I hate playing in snow. Period.
2. I love black licorice. Bear with me while I get into this...
3. I over think things. A LOT. If I have a conversation with someone, it plays over and over in my head. I think about what I said and wonder if I sounded stupid. I replay what they said and wonder if they like me. I think about their body language and try to figure it out.
4. I am very un-guarded. UN-GAUD!!...what is that from? I remember hearing it when I was growing up...I will spill my life's story if you want to hear it.
5. However, I keep things back that I feel aren't accepted.
6. For instance, I eat at McDonald's sometimes.
7. I am so afraid of doing the parenting thing wrong. I feel like everyone is critiquing me. If I spank them, what will people think? If I don't?
8. I worry about what people think to much.
9. Some days I don't do anything.
10. If you ever came to my house without calling, I'd be mortified.
11. If you call ahead, it will be spotless.
12. I am a people person.
13. I wish I could afford to go to a Yoga class.
14. I wish Brookelyn could be a ballerina.
15. I love to dance.
16. I feel really stupid when I do.
17. I love this blog....and all my other blogs. It's a huge release for me.
18. I always wonder...Do I post to much? Do people think all I do is sit on my computer?)...some days, yes.)
19. I think it'd be great to travel abroad with our family....but, my husband is not such a romantic, and we couldn't afford it anyway.
20. If I hadn't gotten married right away, I'd have wanted to live in a studio apartment in New York or a flat in England.
21. Obviously I wouldn't trade my life for anything...it's incredible.
22. I always wanted to be a Mom.
23. Sometimes, I entertain daydreams about another daughter...but I know we have plenty to support.
24. We are done over-populating the earth....for those of you who were wondering.
25. I don't particularly enjoy combing Brookelyn's hair...funny thing, at our playdate the other day some of the other Mom's agreed, funny.... I thought "good Mom's" loved combing their daughters hair.
26. I would love to have a beach house someday. I have the scheme all laid out in my head already.
27. If I ever have one, I'm going to practice Yoga on the beach.
28. I love to prove my strength...show up the guys if I can. When we were building our house, my and my sister carried trusses 2 at a time because the guys were carrying 1 at a time.
29. I'm glad that I wasn't the girl that was friends with all the guys, but none of them dated because she was to butch.
30. There are people that have hurt me long ago, and although I've forgiven them, I have no use for them now.
31. I don't believe in faking it, ever. You get the real me, all the time.
32. I can't pee if I think someone can hear me.
33. We haven't really come up with a good name for our "private parts" here. Usually it's "peepee" for both females and males. When I was little it was weiner and beaver, and I can't say it without blushing.
34. If I ever get the massage I've been intending to get, I'm pretty sure I'm going to sob through it. Why? I have no idea.
35. I still feel like if I talk first after someone farts, I ate it. Or if I walk through it, that it's coating my lungs and clinging to my clothes.
36. I'd prefer people think I don't ever fart, or go # 2..but we all know that's just not feasible.
37. When I was little, I never understood what "pull my finger" meant. We haven't taught this to our kids yet. Okay, I'm done dwelling on flatulence now.
38. I wonder how different life would be if I didn't have a cell phone or the Internet.
39. I get a little obsessed over checking my e-mail/voicemail/missed calls/comments.
40. I am terrified of heights.
41. I hate moving big things. I always feel like something is going to get dropped on my toes.
42. I worry about Brookelyn. You know how the really outgoing kids are the ones that get Cancer and stuff? I worry about that.
43. I hope god knows that I'm not strong enough to make it through losing any of my kids.
44. I'm afraid to die because I don't want to miss out on my kids growing up.
45. I wonder who'll show up at my funeral.
46. I feel like just writing this could make it happen...you know how when someone dies and just recently they said something like they were living on borrowed time and then they die..... like that.
47. I have to go get Elliot from school, he's feeling sick...I actually considered leaving Brookelyn and Trae here to run get him because they just fell asleep. The school is only 1 mile away. Of course I'm taking them...I called my Mom and she said I had to.
48. I wish I was a better writer.
49. I wish I could sew.
50. I'd love to sell little one of a kind baby clothes on Etsy.com
51. I hate, hate, HATE it when people copy me.
52. I've been snorting when I laugh...what is up with that? I'm thinking the extra weight?
53. I really don't like animals....I downplay how much I don't like them by a lot.
54. It's because I have to wash my hands if I touch them or I can't stop thinking about it. And it seems like animals know, because they all like to rub on me.
55. I love to have the last word.
56. I am great at arguing....because I only argue about it if I know I'm right, and I don't stop until you know I'm right.
57. I hate when people beat around the bush instead of coming right out and saying what they mean.
58. I also hate when people try to disguise an insult with a joke.
59. It doesn't make me feel better when people tell me I look great for just having a baby. In other words, if I hadn't just had a baby, then I'd be really fat. Same thing with...you've had 4 kids....
60. I hate when people watch what I eat, comment on how much I eat, compliment me on what I don't eat....thanks anyway.
61. I always feel big compared to my sisters. I'm the amazon sister.
62. I wish I had front loading washer/dryer.
63. I've been dehydrated a lot lately. My hands wrinkle in the shower.
64. I wouldn't ever try sushi. Not even once. I know I won't like it.
65. I wish I could rock climb everyday.
66. I haven't read a book in so long.
67. I don't believe in not doing your best.
68. I'm afraid of the economy right now.
69. Boy, 31 more things....I love red & green & orange.
70. I wish I had more free time.
71. Someday, I want to ride a mechanical bull.
72. I hate sci-fi...books/movies/etc.
73. I love Italian food.
74. I am one of the people who thinks their kids are the cutest in the whole world.
75. I wonder if there are people who think my kids are homely.
76. It seems like people think I have it all together...I assure you, I don't.
77. Stepford-wife types....frustrate me.
78. I don't like action flicks.
79. Racism infuriates me...or when people insinuate I'm a racist, that too.
80. I never know what to say at funerals.
81. I don't understand suicide...it's pointless.
82. I talk a lot.
83. I wish I could afford to have laser hair removal on all my hairy parts.
84. I am too vain.
85. I hate rejection.
86. I love pumpkin shakes from Culver's.
87. I intend to be remembered.
88. I am intrigued with people.
89. I read blogs of people I don't even know....you know, one of those.
90. I wish time and money weren't an issue.
91. I love peonies.
92. I hope to do a garden next summer.
93. I wish life would slow down.
94. I'm going to play in the rain as soon as summer comes.
95. I hate when people take bad pictures on purpose and then post them to humiliate people.
96. I want to go to a Gambler's game this season.
97. I hate being lied to.
98. I'd love to be on a trap shooting league someday.
99. I love to make lists.
100. I don't really feel like anyone has my back...if anything difficult happened, I think I'd be on my own.
- So, I've been having this pain that feels like someone is pushing the little bone thingy at the bottom of my ribcage back towards my, well, back. Originally when I was still pregnant, the Dr. said it was probably my gall bladder....but from what I'm hearing, gallbladder pain is intense and feels like a heart attack. Not what I'm experiencing at all. It is worse when I'm hungry....I woke up with it feeling like I have something stuck in my throat down where that bone is. I have a chiro adjustment on Monday, so I'm going to have him feel that bone, since it seems to veer off to the left. Anyone have any other ideas on what it might be?
- Jason has one more night of work on the tile job he did and it has allowed us to fill our propane tank 70% which is really awesome.
- Trae has escalated from just roughly fingering through my hair to winding his fingers up to my head until it's tight and then yanking it straight out. I'm finding a connection between it and the migraines I get about 3 times a week.
- Elliot was telling me how his foot really hurt this morning. He didn't know why...kept bringing it up....showed me how "blue and black" it was (it wasn't) and then it dawned on me that he wanted to stay home...
- BTW...if you have little boys, you shouldn't ever pee in the dark. Your butt gets wet sometimes....
- We are headed up to my parents cabin tonight for opening day tomorrow, hence the reason Elliot wanted to stay home today. Smart kid. To be fair, Brookelyn went last night with Mom and Dad, poor Elliot never really gets to stay at Grandma's because he has school.
- I was watching America's Next Top Model on YouTube last night....I love seeing the photographs...totally makes me not want to eat Twinkies....or anything, really. ( I don't even eat Twinkies, but if i did, I'd stop.)
- I really want to find time to start exercising again, ahem, make time I meant.