12.11.2007

Quiet night in...Sorry for the rant

Ready for bed!
Pampered piggies




The Chemical Peel...



The kids were in bed by 7:30p.m., their usual bedtime, when a great idea popped into my head. How about a nice hot bath? From there my idea spun out of control, and I decided on a bath, salt scrub, chemical peel, foot scrub, pariffin dip, & a shave( with warming shave gel!). After I got out, I slathered on thick body butter and did my eyebrows. Oh, and my sweet hubby brought me a root beer float to enjoy while I soaked :) Amazingly, I had no interruptions, and I was able to focus on myself...


I would suggest this to anyone...


What I really want to say is that i'm sick of every magazine featuring naked celebs 8 months pregnant and with no stretch marks, and nice round perfect bellies, in all their glowing glory. Like those pictures weren't airbrushed. What's even worse is that I look at them and think " I wish I looked that cute when I was 8 months pregnant..." or " I wish I was that skinny" and these people are #1 airbrushed, and # 2 not normal. And probably taking some kind of supplement or maybe cocaine to stay thin. Society as a whole is making eating disorders a problem by showing us unrealistic pictures of how "we should" look. So, i've decided to stop measuring myself against the celebs, and measure myself against myself. How to I keep myself healthy. Am I eating foods that make me feel good? ( because I gotta tell ya, this momma is not happy when she's starving) What can I do as a life change to make myself content with how I look and feel? I think we as women need to band together and have realistic veiws on how we should look, and stop feeding into the Skinny is Better/ Will make you happier mindset. We are normal women with normal bodies, and we are constantly passing judgement on our selves and others, or measuring ourselves against one another. I think if we can accept who we are, we will find happiness. And if we are happy with ourselves, we won't be prone to emotional eating because we feel bad about our bodies. I hope you all agree with me, and I hope if you have some of these same thoughts that you will do something nice for yourself. It feels great, and you all deserve it!
p.s. Husbands: Tell your wives how beautiful you think they are...

5 comments:

jspjtgunnar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrnak Monkeys said...

Amen, Amber...you said it all!

Matt, Ashley & Alexus said...

You quiet night at home sounds REALLY nice. You said the rest...Stretch marks...LOL After Ally was born, I told my self they were a badge of honor. WHAT WAS I THINKING! I wished they had an eraser for them :D Glad to hear everyone is better!

jspjtgunnar said...

hey! what a nice surprise to hear from you!
Too bad everyone's been sick over there. We're just starting the rounds here. I wonder about Peyton-he's not sounding good right now. (i'm thinking maybe pneumonia too) congrats on #3! he's just a few months younger than our tyler (15 months old). I had a hard time with him turning 1 also. He is my last baby to turn 1. I really love babies...but having had 3, I think I will like to be an Auntie for a change

jspjtgunnar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
http://www.linkwithin.com/