12.10.2007

Home Sweet Home


So here is our place. We still have a few things to do. When it is finished, the porch will have white pillars. We have to do trim and carpeting in the inside and then we will be all done! It seems like life has flown by. We moved in, got pregnant, had the baby, and now that he's almost one, we think we'll beable to do the rest of the work on the house. It feels like we've been running full bore, and theres still things to do. So, once mom & dad are in their place, we'll begin the trim work on ours. At this point. i've decided against holding my breath. It seems like the more you want things, the longer it takes to get them. And if you are relying on your husband to do the work, well, he only spreads so far... if nothing else it teaches me patience. It's great to be in the country. The kids love being able to run free. We have 5 acres with a pond, so there's wildlife and we've got beautiful sunsets here. Its home.

9 comments:

Jeff & Aleigh said...

Very nice!!! We'd like to see inside pictures!! :o)

Amber said...

Will take some when the house is nice and clean for the workers next week...Note to all moms: Please leave a comment and let me know if your house is always clean... if so, also post your secret!

Mrnak Monkeys said...

Yes Amber, I can honestly tell you that my house is always, always clean. My secret??? I lie! What mom EVER has a clean house? You live there with little kids, so it's impossible for it to be clean...especially with you working.

DSBRansom said...

Mine is not always clean, far from it with the day care. I am always cleaning however, like any mom I suppose. Seriously, I do clean all the time & try to keep things up pretty well, but don't look at my bathroom! It's the last thing that ever gets done.

Delia DeLeest said...

Hey, it was so cool to see your name in my journal and great to read this and catch up with your life. Your kids are getting SO big! I'll be coming by regularly to see how things are going up north.

My house is NEVER clean, life's too short to spend it cleaning house.

Dulcie
*my blogger account is under Delia DeLeest, my pen name, in case you were wondering what was up with that. Did you know I'm published?

Lana said...

Ummm My house is almost always clean..sometimes it's a bit obsessive. I ALWAYS pickup as soon as the girls go down for a nap and when they go to bed at night. The dishes are always done before I hit the hay at night. I can't stand to wake up to a mess in the AM. I try to clean the bathrooms regular. I get a really good cleaning once a month when meeting is here wed night! Jess knows its been a REALLY bad/strange day when he gets home and it's a mess! (We shall see how clean it is once I start working.....) YIKES!!!

Amber said...

Dulcie- I didn't know you had been published. Congratulations! What is the name of your book? I like to pick it up as a collector for when you're a famous author!

Amber said...

definately a challenge once you start working. Our biggest challenge is laundry...it's never done!

The Truax 5 said...

Great house!! We are back in town and miss the country....ENJOY. My house is a constant cleaning project... so no worries!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
http://www.linkwithin.com/